More DJ beef - Jazzy Jeff calls out "Grandmaster Jay"

Steve

Jazzy Jeff posted on Facebook that he'd caught another DJ faking his set and miming. It seems it was some guy called Grandmaster Jay who makes quite a few grand claims in this video: -

http://youtu.be/H-Y4wjJb4AM

Millionaire with 8 Grammy Awards? You ever heard of this guy? Me neither.

His Wikipedia page has since been edited so it only says this: -

DJ Grandmaster Jay is a DJ enthusiast who attempted to impersonate DJ Jazzy Jeff in order to sell low-end DJ products. DJ Grandmaster Jay promoted a product from BeamzDJ called the Grandmaster BeamzDJ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandmaster_Jay

:d

Man that's hard to watch but see 9:36 she calls him grandmaster flash but he didn't hear because he was too busy rambling on. Wish he had heard it.

I'm guessing this is the vid Jeff is talking about (which you can hear Skillz on the mic in background!) spontaneous mix eh? Lol.

Edited by Steve
  • Like 1

I did begin to think that this was some insane publicity stunt, but the Grandmaster Jay wiki goes way back and makes silly claims even back in 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Grandmaster_Jay&offset=&limit=500&action=history

Whatever the state of play, the whole DJ world knows about Beamz. Next up - Beamz by Mitchie Hawtin, the legendary Techno DJ you think you've heard of.

Man that's hard to watch but see 9:36 she calls him grandmaster flash but he didn't hear because he was too busy rambling on. Wish he had heard it.I'm guessing this is the vid Jeff is talking about (which you can hear Skillz on the mic in background!) spontaneous mix eh? Lol.

Spontaneous Mixx (me) in no way endorses the fraud being perpetrated by John "Jay" Johnson in the video. I only reposted the video after Jay took it down. Check the description on the video. Please do not associate Spontaneous Mixx the DJ with Jay the poser. Thanks!

Man that's hard to watch but see 9:36 she calls him grandmaster flash but he didn't hear because he was too busy rambling on. Wish he had heard it.I'm guessing this is the vid Jeff is talking about (which you can hear Skillz on the mic in background!) spontaneous mix eh? Lol.

Spontaneous Mixx (me) in no way endorses the fraud being perpetrated by John "Jay" Johnson in the video. I only reposted the video after Jay took it down. Check the description on the video. Please do not associate Spontaneous Mixx the DJ with Jay the poser. Thanks!

yeah didn't mean to associate you with it Spontaneous, funny though that his "mix" was anything but.... thanks for grabbing the vid and reposting it.

His Wikipedia page has had a few more edits: -

Grandmaster Jay is also known for: -

Teaching Funkmaster Flex, DJ Clue & Kid Capri about Mixtapes

The Hand Jive

The Creator Of The Holy Bible

The Creator Of the Ms Cleo Commericals

Being The Forth Member of the 80's R & B group GUY ( Though He was Never Seen)

Being The driver who took 2Pac to the hospital in vegas (1996)

Poked Slick Rick in the eye (Reason he wears a patch til' this day)

Grandmaser Jay gave "Spiritual Advice" to Bishop Eddie Long, Creflo Dollar & Benny Henn

in 1987, He told MC Hammer that baggies were better to dance in than levis so he came up with hammer pants, he was an original dancer with the group but it was too many dancers on stage so he quit.

Was DMC champ 3 yrs in a row before Tony Prince created the DMC competition in 1985

He actually inspired LL's "Crush you like a jellybean" line when he crushed Cut Creators pack of jelly beans with his crate of records during a block party on Farmers Blvd in which he was the headlining rapper and Dj

in 1972 he bought DJ Kool Herc his first turntable

in 1975 he bumped into Grand Wizard Theodore's turntable, inventing the scratch

in 1989 He was on the cover of Big Daddy Kane's Album (It's A Big Daddy Thing) but you can't see him cause he's sitting in the car.

in 1989 he founded Interscope Records with Jimmy Iovine and Giorgio Saravia

in 2004 he started the Core DJ's

In 1987 Gives Ted Demme Idea for Yo! MTV Raps

in 1997 GrandMaster JayBreaks into someones house and is caught sleeping on his couch.

in Grandmaster Jay was originally to play the lead role in Juice later given to Omar Epps. However he declined because of his tour DJ schedule with Milli Vanilli.....which he was later fired from for the whole..."Girl, you know its, girl you know it's, Girl, you know it's......" fiasco.

Pretending he is DJ Jazzy Jeff

Playing with low-end toy's

Any other random lies that have no truth in the world