Experience with Mixfader and portable scratching

RhYmEs

I want to buy one of that Mixfaders.

http://www.themixfader.com/

I see a lot of DJs on youtube and facebook scratching with the Mixfader and portable turntables and the cuts are really nice and clean.

Who has experience with that here on DV???

What iPad can I use for scratching with timecode vinyl with the edjing scratch app???

Are all iPad models possible???

What about the latency???

Thanks for some replies.

I have one and I think it's a solid product. The latency is imperceptible and the cut-in is adjustable. The only downside is that it's a bit complicate to setup with the turntable etc.

I wrote a short review here if you want more info:

https://medium.com/@jasonrados/the-exciting-world-of-portablism-5aac9ef92a1d#.2nuwhhaqu

• Like 1

I have one and have tinkered with it a bit, Its an interesting device, and well built. The DVS works on my older ipad but not my iphone 6. I didn't spend much time trying to scratch with the screen. I didn't think the latency an issue. Audio on android is a complete shit show...

Well djplayer is the best dvs iPad app IMO.

For a single deck dvs(on iphone 6splus and iphone SE; with several usb turntables and the denon hs5500 and a behringer 222), edjing scratch is easily just as good, if not better(i think its better)

Edited by Efhutton

I was litteraly just going to start a thread about this...

Anyhow my wife bought one for us and the latency is horrible i think, it's no fun cutting with it as it is. we tried it with both of our phones - a galaxy s5 and an honor m8. it said 7ms latency on both but felt totally different, it was much worse with the s5, probably because it has only 2 gig ram and not 4.

honestly i find the latency of 5,4 ms with traktor on the z2 barely standable for skratching but anything above that makes it impossible to really skratch.

oh yeah did i mention that I wanted to buy a jesse dean fader in the first place...

Why is anybody trying to use DVS on Android ?

I haven't read their marketing, are they suggesting that Android is usable for DJing ?

If they are i would demand my money back, The audio latency reported by Android is a lie for starters, it doesn't any of it's buffers or D/A, then you have to add on the application process latency which is usually increased massively to try and find some middle ground between the process and the over 10ms of display latency, then add on the Bluetooth latency of this thing itself.

These are just about usable on IOS, selling these as usable in Android is completely a-hole tactics !!!