la ressistance

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if this is qberts combo then whytebreads explanation of what a prism is was very wrong lol, this combo looks similar to a dicing combo but starting with the fader open.. ive been doing the clicks between each segment of a tear, which has a very different sound..

top:prism combo described

below:whytebreads decription of forward and reverse prism

that's funny. With the clicks between tears, then would only serve to accent the tear movements, and not to cut them with a flare. I think a prism has got to be the second one. When I do reverse tears (1 forward, 2 back), I always throw a click in between the tears, but only to make them sound cleaner. If I were cutting the tears themselves then i would flare on the tears instead of in between them.

lol, to be honest I don't know whether that vid shows prisms or not...I can't do the fuckers however they're done but that vid claims to demonstrate them so I posted it....knowing full well many people would dissagree with the vid :@@

flaring a tear means cutting the tears in pieces. It only makes sense for clicks in a prism to be cutting the tears, not in between them

if you think of each segment of a tear as seperate, then to flare those segments would be to put a click in the middle of each segment.

check the begining, where he does the faderless and you'll see he moves back on the second tear to the begining area.. if you listen to the sound of the pull backback its accented because hes pulling quicker to get to the start point

The record movement described so far isn't a clover tear,I don't think. Isn't a clover 2 tears forward, 2 tears back? So far, all I'm seeing is 2F-1B-1F-2B tears.

So anyway, lets do the clover tears properly, with the 2clicks over the top - place the clicks in between the tears, and you get 4 sounds forwards, and 4 sounds backwards.

This is always how I thought clovers were done.

all I'm seeing is 2F-1B-1F-2B tears

That's what it is, except if you pay attention to the video, he doesn't pull the record all the way back on the 1B part. QBert's been doing this scratch for years but without the clicks. He does it on drums a lot.