PDX2000's

Matt

i was just wondering if anyone had successfully complained about the pdx's, the tone arm design is pure shite imo, i had problems with the tiny screw that holds the tonearm in the well before, now it's dropped out in transit and the arm has come out and fucked up the connecting wires. so i isn't too happy and am wondering what my next stpe should be.

pz

Get one of these

And before someone thinks they're gonna be smart. The turntable not a mustache or a shaved head.. Or anything to do with d-styles for that matter.

Get one of these

And before someone thinks they're gonna be smart. The turntable not a mustache or a shaved head.. Or anything to do with d-styles for that matter.

a moustache is unacceptable under any circumstances....i dont care who you are....makes people look far to fucking serious

So the little wires need replacing?

Get one of the cables out of an old modem-phone line cable, open it gently with a stanly knife. More often than not, the smaller cables inside the main one make perfect replacement cables for 1200 tonearms, I don't see why the vezznix should be any different bro.

You'll need to remove the arm more or less completely to get at all the contacts to solder on the replacements though... on the 12's it's not a nice job but do-able by anyone who can use a screwdriver -except the soldering bit, might want to consult a tech-minded friend to do the work here, it'll be quite fine work. The 1200 has two screw beneath the arm on the headshell end, I don't known what the vezzy uses but I'm guessing it'll be similar.

As for the screw ciming loose in the first place: try silicon glue. A bil like the stuff they use to covermount CD's. Back at the lab, we used to use the stuff all the time after calibrating optical instruments. A dab of the stuff on the head of a screw holds it tight (preventing instrument drift), plus it peels right off whenever you want it to.

Nothing like a geeky post.

• 2 weeks later...