alesis monitor one mk 2

airnino

are the alesis monitor one mk 2 passive monitors any good? because they're only 150 bucks a pair. i have jbl control right now, so i guess the alesis are better anways. or are there any other good passive monitors around 200 bucks?

i heard from somebody they sound like shit though, that's why i'm asking...

also, do ya'll use different speakers for producing than for listening, or do you use one pair for both?

I don't know about monitor speakers. But I do know its best to listen to your work on as many different speakers as you can, good speakers and shit speakers. If you can make a tune sound good on some shit speakers, then it will sound great on better speakers.

yo, I got the active ones, they cool, slightly bass heavy and when you drive them hardish with certain bass freqs you get a chuffing effect (the sound of air moving in the ports).

Apart from that thumbs up and they go pretty fooking loud...in the end though it's all about you learning to relate your monitors to other systems ;)

i don't bump my speakers too loud anyways, so i think i'll give them a try. i mean i already have active monitors too, but i use my passive speakers a lot more often. that's why i'm looking for an upgrade, and the alesis will surely be better than my jbl control i guess...

what kind of amp are you running with your passives?

ive listened to them @ guitar center. if your looking for accurate sound, you probably want to check other ones out but if you just want some for the purpose of listening or monitoring your turntables, these are top choice cause they sound so good (bass heavy as mentioned earlier).