PRO X FADERS ON EBAY

mr j

So why are they being sold on the bay, without a buy it now, rather than on the EB website? Not saying they're not real just wondering why they'd do that.

There were some with a Buy Now button, they've obviously been snapped up already. These are just some preview releases, they're not officially available yet. Dunno why he's usng ebay instead of their own site though (probably just because it's easier than setting up a online shop).

Personally though I'm gonna wait until I snap another P&G fader stem and see if the prices drop from the suggested £90 (or maybe order one from across the pond). If the prices don't drop I'm thinking it might be worth getting together and ordering a quantity at trade price if enough people are interested ;)

basically we put a bunch on ebay for those who were like "i want one now" - its cheaper because there's no packaging.

as for the 90 quid price tag, if its an issue consider that there is really fuck all profit margin in this, which means we spent a LOT of money making it decent, p+g's alps etc.. are all good but u want to check it out at plasa come down and see for yourself

bear in mind that people were spending 90 quid on p+gs a couple of years ago, a nice 7/800 percent profit margin for some chinese factory, this is really a more ethical alternative in that we actuallly give a shit about djs, hence the cleaning tool and deoxit cleaning lube that comes with it.

anyway yeah just come check it out and see for yourselves.

as for the 90 quid price tag, if its an issue consider that there is really fuck all profit margin in this

But they're gonna be almost half that price in the US right? Why?

that'll be all explained in Gizmo's review and the q&a feature which would be live in a week or so. I know it seems ludicrous but trust me there's a very good reason for it.

After all it's the same for all products, from games consoles to hardware to whatever. Things are always cheaper abroad it seems but it isn't because people are trying to fuck the UK over.

I asked the question in the q&a as that was one of the first things i thought about with the pound being so strong right now to the dollar. their answer makes sense to me so i hope it will to most too.

oh and a big fat LOL at daredevil

I specifically asked this question of Seltron as it's easy for us to say we're being ripped off in the UK. Mike clearly explained the commercial realities of being based in the UK, sourcing in the far east and selling round the world. It certainly was a lesson in economics for me. I felt a lot better after having laid out in simple terms for me.

Whenever there is a "global" product, there is always the UK/USA price comparision. Everyone wonders, why something that costs £100 on the UK only costs $100 in the USA. Its a fair question.

We are probably looking at an UK RRP of £90.00 and US RRP of $99.00.

The problem is, most people who complain have little or no commercial knowledge on business, and thus find it hard to understand.

Its not just the Pro X Fade, but compare the P&G for instance.

£89.00 at Hard to Find, and $99.00 at Turntable Lab. This goes the same Playstation's, laptops, iPods etc etc.

Does this mean the whole world is trying to rip off us UK consumers - no.

Most products these days are made in the Far East. The shipping costs and transit times from the Far East to the US are much less than into the UK. The customs duty and VAT rates are much lower in the US. Some of the Far Eastern countries and the USA even have a 0% tax agreement! The costs of shipping goods within the USA, is much cheaper, just think of how much a gallon of fuel costs there compared to the UK? Also there's the exchange rate differential. Buying in US$ and then selling the product in US$ means that you do not have problem of exchange rates and the costs involved.

As a UK consumer travelling to the US, we are lucky as our money goes a long way. If the exchange rate dropped down to 1.5 or less, then the bargain prices are not so immediate.

The prices we are quoting are RRP, and I'm some of the retailers may look at selling for less. The idea of the Pro X Fade is to cut out the middle man distributor, go straight to the retailers and thus keep the prices down and more money in the DJ's pocket.

- from mike williams at seltron.

Before the Europeans think great lets get it from the US the thing you all have to check for is a little thing called Customs and they'll hit u up with a 40% tax when u import this shit from a US store

Assuming the highest rate of import duty for a product like this at around 9%, you would pay $126 or £69 for a fader costing $99 including VAT. Still £21 cheaper then the UK RRP and that's importing them one at a time after paying the US retail price that already includes a markup. Whatever the reasons given, you'd be better off buying one in America even if you do get stung for taxes.

Petrol prices are made up largely of tax. Apple are slated for their iPod prices because there is no justification for the high UK price. The new XBox will be around 15% more expensive in the UK than the USA. At the end of the day, if you can personally buy a USA product from a retailer, pay the shipping and taxes and it still works out cheaper than the UK retail price then something is wrong somewhere.