Hardest scratch?

jsong56

Guest Deeswift

I don't do them like D does them, as far as I'm aware. If someone can point out to me where exactly I've bitten D-Styles, let me know and I'll do what I can to avoid that in future.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i love this argument. always entertaining. i was thinking though, because i saw MMM last night (yay)

didn't qbert and mixmastermike, like grow up learning to scratch together. and didn't they teach each other all the shit the other one learnt kind of thing.

and don't they sound NOTHING ALIKE!

learning other people's styles, techniques and combo's is very important to the progression of turntablism. it's how people build on it after they learn others styles that counts.

know what i mean?

Everyone stop doing babies! Call up Grand Wizard Theodore and apologise immediately! If you do a 2 forward, 1 back transform, make sure you send Cash Money a thank you card.

Dee, you're one of the only people I've heard doing lasers and that's a Q scratch. Stop it now! :p

I didnt say you were biting him. But its a d-styles scratch. he came up with that one.

Thats steves argument you can do all the cuts that are added to the list, but do them in your own way.

Guest Deeswift
Everyone stop doing babies! Call up Grand Wizard Theodore and apologise immediately! If you do a 2 forward, 1 back transform, make sure you send Cash Money a thank you card.

Dee, you're one of the only people I've heard doing lasers and that's a Q scratch. Stop it now! :p

Nah, DJ Disk was doing lazers before Q, wasn't he? Yeah. 2-click Lazer orbits, I believe.

EDIT: BTW, it's rare for me to do lazers these days, come to think of it. I don't think I've used them in an audio file since 2002.

Yes, but in your Held Tight track you do laser fades in exactly the same way QBert does them. They sound really good, so why not do them? That's my point. If you're biting people's whole routines and shit, then yeah it's gay, but nobody owns scratches.

Guest Deeswift

The cuts on Held Tight are gay. Sorry, I was gay that day. I won't be doing lazer fades any more, I'm a wackass biter for doing them on that file and I admit my mistake.

EDIT: BTW, it's rare for me to do lazers these days, come to think of it. I don't think I've used them in an audio file since 2002.

Becuse you havent posted a file since 2002

Guest Deeswift

I've posted quite a few small files, Ryan.

My excuse for doing lazers on Held Tight is I was still learning shit. At that point (2000) I'd been scratching for 2 years. I won't be doing any more lazer fades!

Guest Deeswift

I'll give you as much piss as you want, no need to take it!

All I'm saying is I reckon people should try and be original. That's it. Be influenced, but take what you can and do something new with it.

This is my 2 cents OK.

Lazers and Baby scratches are for poofters.

Lazers and Baby scratchers are for Ryan.

Dee doen't sound like D Styles. He sounds like Domintaion or that kid who's mixes steve posted the other day.

Steve sounds like a tree falling in the wood.

I have nail files.

Where is flowerpot.