Hardest scratch?

jsong56

Ok seriously so whats the...

1) hardest beginner scratch? Babys, forwards, drags etc

2) hardest itermediate scratch? tears, military marchs, transforms etc

3) hardest hard-intermediate scratch? 1click and 2click orbit flares, clovers, dicing etc

4) hardest of hard scratch? prisms, uzi transforms, or tear/flare combos etc

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ill start...

1) probably for me reverse's where very hard to get the syncopation (if thats you u spell it) hehe

2) transforms, not so much the technique itself but the timing and get fresh patterns.

3) double time clovers with the fingers and fast dicing patterns (consistently), and double time orbits (pinching) <- ive never heard anyone do double time orbits before at a good bpm.

4) prisms (the ones q does, 2f1b1f2b tears over 2click flares), i still cant do these after months and months of practice. i can do prisms like normal clover tears with 2click orbits over them ok i guess.

so for the 1st answer you are looking for a really hard scratch...

the 2nd answer is much more harder than the 1st..but not as hard as the 3 or 4th.

wouldnt the answer for number 4 be the answer to 1-3 as well as it would still be a mutha fuckin impossible scratch to learn no matter how crap you are.

Ok seriously so whats the...

1) hardest beginner scratch? Babys, forwards, drags etc

2) hardest itermediate scratch? tears, military marchs, transforms etc

3) hardest hard-intermediate scratch? 1click and 2click orbit flares, clovers, dicing etc

4) hardest of hard scratch? prisms, uzi transforms, or tear/flare combos etc

who cares?

if you're learning scratches systematically the learning curve should be even enough so that a new scratch learnt will not be too complex to learn.

eg. its gonna be slightly harder to learn prisms if you dont have forward tears or flares sorted ;)

Does anyone practice clovers, prizms and all that?

I thought nobody bothered their arse learning those. I know i dont.

Ps: everyones different, the hardest scratch for one person can be the easiest for the next

Guest Deeswift

*Written at the same time as Ryans post above*

There's no such thing as a "hardest scratch". We all do shit differently, not like robots, so one person may be able to chirp like a motherfucker while the next man chirps like a wounded sparrow. I can't do certain scratches, yet I have all the basics nailed, no problem. Some little shit comes along with no basics, no feel, no structure... and posts a file with some fucking reverse multi-click prism deathray upside-down scratch. We're all different, so I think there's no way you can say what's the most difficult thing to do. That's down to the individual.

@ Ryan's question above: No. I don't learn any "new" scratches. I take the basics and make my own combos. That's what it's all about for me. The essence of scratching. A clover tear is too much like one of Q's signature cuts, I never bothered doing those.

i dont practice prisms, purely cos it seems like a qbert combo, and i dont wanna bite, but having said that if you use it with a load of your own combos i guess it ceases to be a bite and becomes an influence instead.

everyones different, the hardest scratch for one person can be the easiest for the next

exactly!

Guest Deeswift

Certain scratches just belong to certain people, there's no two ways about it. Doing a regular tear isn't like doing clover tears at all. You could do a hundred tear combos that don't sound like Q, so why would you wanna copy Qbert?

I learned how to scratch through biting other people. Anyone that did anything good i'd copy them and see where else i could take it. But saying that, i wouldnt be the most original scratcher about hehe

Not that i care it's all fun and games to me.

So you can do a forward tear, or a backwards tear, but you're saying don't put them together cos QBert does them? You could do flares in loads of different ways, but you ain't saying to all the people doing basic 2-click orbits to stop. No scratches "belong" to anyone. If you choose not to do them, that's up to you.