1200's or pdxs

ok since theres so much conterversy in the world of tables today lets see how many people prefer 1200s over pdxs or opposite dee or ne mods who feel this isnt apprporiate u can close this so post ur opinion and explain why

i like pdxs becuase of the feautres of them the torque and straight arm but there r ups and downs like when the platter rumbles (rarely happens to me) or etc. i do love 1200s too tho in my opinion its personal preference

i like the 12's for reliability and because they are solid as a rock.

i like the pdx for ultra pitch.

there ya go!!!

end of!! lol

nah.....but.....

there are a few things ive noticed...

the platter on the 12's are much heavier...and move totally differently....and becuase of the weight...people use pressure on the top of the platter for certain techniques....this isnt possible on the pdx cos of the massive torque.

not a big deal u might think - but the extra torque takes away all the "life" out of certain shit - kinda makes the odd thing sound a bit digital and flat somehow...

i prefer the sound of scratchin on 12's, but seem to be able to do more, more easily on pdxs.....

peas

Guest Deeswift
ok since theres so much conterversy in the world of tables today lets see how many people prefer 1200s over pdxs or opposite dee or ne mods who feel this isnt apprporiate u can close this so post ur opinion and explain why

i like pdxs becuase of the feautres of them  the torque and straight arm but there r ups and downs like when the platter rumbles (rarely happens to me) or etc. i do love 1200s too tho in my opinion its personal preference

Hard to choose. 12's have the build, PDX have the features. I'm lucky enough to have both, so I use whatever I feel like using at the time. Generally, I go for the PDX because of the ultra-pitch. That's really the only benefit I can see to having PDX's.

i own 1210's and have used pdx's a few times.

This maybe cos im used to my tehcincs but i find the on/off switch on pdx's very annoying compared to the switch on the 1210. I like The ultra pitch alot on the pdx. However the torq is too powerfull for some stuff, for example when you press stop it doesnt have the short drag that the 1210 does, ive been told you can alter it tho. I'd need to mess around with a pdx more to give a proper decision.

you can chage the brake speed on pdx real easy, as with start up speed too. i have pairs of both, and what i'd say is if you're not planning on buying TT's for a good few years after this purchase then id get technics...pdx are great for ultra pitch - i use that loads in production, but they certainly arent the same build quality to technics, and you need to keep a balance between playing on technics and vestax, too much vestax and you'll suffer on technics, not really vice versa, and since most places have techincs, you're probably better off on them.

if however you can get your hands on both then go for it, they're brilliant in totally contrasting ways.

i like pdxs becuase of the feautres of them  the torque and straight arm but there r ups and downs like when the platter rumbles (rarely happens to me) or etc. i do love 1200s too tho in my opinion its personal preference

Hard to choose. 12's have the build, PDX have the features. I'm lucky enough to have both, so I use whatever I feel like using at the time. Generally, I go for the PDX because of the ultra-pitch. That's really the only benefit I can see to having PDX's.

word.

it really is all about the ultra pitch really....

hmmmm....

*strokes chinny, and wonders if there is any news from the man like DJ Focus on his pitch mod for the 12's.....oooh*

focus.....if ur reading.....whats the score on that little number?

pz