so who the fuck won dmc uk

Guest loop skywalker

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the question that needs to be asked is....

is a UNKNOWN done the same set as ASIAN HAWK, do u think the judges would have still given him second???????

if the answer to that is no, than thats fuckt.

this is the reason dmc has a HUGE rep for fucking up 2nd and 3rd placings.

i think dmc is the most coveted title simply cuz of the golden turntables.

id rather a golden pdx and 07 any fucking day.

the judges are fuckt.

i guess ill have to wait for the dvd.

I've never heard of Asian Hawk or Phat Kev.

As for the decisions, you dunno what the judging criteria are, or if any even exist. At least with ITF, the rules are stated. The DMC scoring system is just plain wrong too. If I ever get picked to judge I'll put everyone joint first.

I wanna enter the DMC wearing a giant foam cowboy hat. My set will consist of playing whatever is the jiggy record of the week on the left turntable while doing a 6 minute uzi on the other. At the end will be a small display of pyrotechnics. If that doesn't impress Cutmaster Swift and Billy Bizzness I dunno what will.

I wanna enter the DMC wearing a giant foam cowboy hat. My set will consist of playing whatever is the jiggy record of the week on the left turntable while doing a 6 minute uzi on the other. At the end will be a small display of pyrotechnics. If that doesn't impress Cutmaster Swift and Billy Bizzness I dunno what will.

You would win, but only if you fade the uzi in and out. The crowd would go nuts for that.

No they really would.

Fuck it anyway. My French mate, Atch, who lives in London was not allowed to enter because he doesn't have a british passport. It's not like he was travelling to the UK to just have a second crack at the whip, he fucking lives here. I mean what the fuck is he meant to do. Travel to France just to do DMC. He is fucking good too and I'm sure he'd do pretty well. Fuck everything. Everyone can eat my ballbag.

I heard swamp was planning on doing that next year..

1st Rate?

yeah cant say i was particularly impressed this year... beside opinions, the judging results were also a bit weird... ive repeatadly heard that kev was Thing's boy, and thing and harry love both placed him first, and i think harry didnt even place muzzel in the top three.

just seems odd. Also having Big ted on the judging panel is odd.. the amount of times DMC has had claims of being rigged/biased is longer then i care to know... i just kinda can believe it after seeing this year... i liked hawk's set but really didnt think it was that good.. i dunno...

daredevil's one was nice, he seemed to have issues with the upfaders tho.

i've come out of this feeling distinctly that:

a/ the equipment constraints are a joke if this is really about turntablism and representing the artform

b/ it feels more like a hip hop DJ with skills competition then a tablist one

c/ it seems to be have less and less audience every year

Also am i the only one that finds their showcasing a 7 year old at the worlds as slightly odd?

You would win, but only if you fade the uzi in and out. The crowd would go nuts for that.

No they really would.

hahahaha...some people have really got it in for skully here havent they!! lol :s

yo dextrous, how you pull off your set does have a lot to do with it - I got a bit distracted by the ridiculously uninterested look and vibe of the crowd, a vey different reaction to the Leeds heat! anyway i ended up making a few mistakes as my brain was thinking - "what the fuck's wrong with these people?!!" what really fucked me though was seeing someone ive known for a long time ago, right at the front of the crowd, and he looked like he was about to fall asleep standing up, and i ultimately ended up feeling bored through my own fucking set - really pissed me off, and it probably showed!! anyway, i later discovered that the soundman had decided to turn my set down very quietly, and few could clearly hear what i was doing, even though i had the master vol. pumped up 3/4 of the way (your supposed to only go halfway), and the ultra top heavy monitors behind me were deafening me with every scratch..... !! balls.

I won the SEMC contest the other day though, that made me feel a little better, peace.

Edited by matman

Yes mate good going on the SEMCs. Yous a battle hungry mofo.

As for DMC I know anything can happen on the night but do you really reckon Asian Hawk took you? Pffffffff cmon now.

I just reckon DMC need to decide what they want the competition to be. Enough heads put time into their shit so they should know what they're practicing towards. The rules always seem to change to fit the decisions.

Fuck it anyway I wouldn't worry about it.

What booty did you get from the SEMCs?