Credit card mod?

Steve

I'm gonna mod my fader but I don't know how to do it. I assume you just cut pieces of an old credit card out and stick them at each end of the fader to shorten the travel. Is it really that simple or is there anything else I should know? How do you hold the pieces in there? Do you just cut em so the fit is tight?

actually i was trying to do this the other day

i cut bit of credit card and place each sides of the xfader

it really reduce the noise but its not stable since the fader knock

it all the time and finally it move the the end and need to fix again...

p.s. i can't find any resource about this on net

to do this you need a mixer with a double panel system (ie a faceplate that site flush over the top of the faceplates that the faders bolt to). it's pretty simple, slide a credit card in on your cut in side, with it protruding enough to stop the fader from cutting all the way out, and tighten the faceplate down slightly, then check and adjust the the cut in time to your liking.

thing is, this method doesn't last long unless you're light on the fader, cos it cuts a slice into the card. but if that happens then all you do is use another part of the card

another method i use is too open the fader itself and insert a couple of rubber washers on the fader rail on your cut-in side. you can get the washers at a plumber merchants. apart from a better cut-in time, the fader is much quieter...

The washer mod is definitely a good one. It also really helps if you're one of those people who don't like the clicking sound at your fader ends. The credit card mod is alright. What kind of mixer are you modding?

Anybody with a "normal" mixer can do something to improve their cut-in time or eliminate the click if they want. The only mixers you categorically wouldn't want to mod the faders are the Rane 56, the HAK 360, or the DJM 909 or 707. Even on the HAK or the Pioneer, you might want to mod the line faders because they aren't eternal, but the rane is simply the ish.

Guest Deeswift

Last year I fixed my girl's 07 fader (PCV) with some old guitar cable, or more specifically, the cable sheathing. I cut out small washers from that with a surgical blade and it was much improved.

I had my old SA3 fader card modded. Its simple and you dont need glue. You can also do it where it will last and not slide around.

Its has to have the fader faceplate thing. With the the screws at each side. Cut a card the width from the screw to where you want the cut to come in. Depending on the fader cut in distance youll have to adjest the width of the credit card sliver. Lay the pieces of card on the fader over the ends where of the slit butted up against the screws from the fader faceplate. Screw it down and make sure the card is pushed all the way against the screw. Thats should do it. I could post some pix if yall havent it sorted out yet.

I went to demo the SA-8 at guitar center...and it was really nice, except for the fact that there are no goddamn OS2 locks. That is the most annoying thing ever! I would be scratching, and all of a sudden the sound would cut off, and it was because the stupid featherweight transform switch just slid over and cut it off. You can literally blow it back and forth. I think i'd go with the SA-5 just because of that, or the SA-12 if you've got the cash and want a stanton. Oh and by the way. Anybody who wants an SA-8...I can get you one for a little less than 200 USD, or about 105 GBP

Okay so the transform switches are really light, and really easily move back and forth...so on the SA-5 and the SA-12, they have a button you can press called an OS2 lock to keep the switch from moving back and forth on it's own due to vibration. But on the SA-8 i couldn't seem to find one.