My PDX 2000 just died

:((

It's been working fine but now it wont turn on. Had them for about 4 years.

Tried changing the fuse no diff.

Anyone know of any common reasons why it'd fuck up? It's been damn hot here, maybe the insides done did fried themselve. Shiiit. :(

cheers for the quick responses peeps.

the multiplug the other ttable and mixer are plugged in must be fine becuase they're working. i dunno how to open it up to see if there's an internal fuse and im worried ill cause more damage.

damn, damn, damn. :@@

Dub-Se7en, you mind giving me a hand with this?!

I've opened up the turntable - if it is the power switch should you be able to see a problem? Was it the actual switch that was the problem with yours or one of the wires attached to it inside the table?

I was gonna try switching them over but it looks like you can't remove the switch without desoldering it from two wires. Hmmm

Be wicked if you could let me know man, don't wanna be forking out for a fat repair!

PDX power switches = uber shitty. If you turn them on/off in the dark, you can see sparks spitting inside. I reccomended from day one that my buddy NOT use the power switches, and stick with turning them on at the wall. Five years later they're still going strong. Apart from the occasional random reverse....

BTW I'd say a big fat bollocks to the switches and just bridge the damn things with a bit of heavy-gauge cable from some mains electrical flex. There's no point in even having them there. If you can't access the mains switch easily, buy a power distribution board with a switch for about a fiver and plug all your gear in. On and off with one touch.

Yeah but if something burned up the switch then remove the switch and the next piece in line will burn up. Best case scenario would be that the the switch is a problem, remove it until you can get a replacement.

Although I dont see it at their store.

http://www.djdeals.com/partsVESTAX.htm

Yeah but if something burned up the switch then remove the switch and the next piece in line will burn uphttp://www.djdeals.com/partsVESTAX.htm

Huh? that doesn't make a lot of sense mate.

You're right to be wary, though -my solution is based upon it being the switch at fault, so make sure you test that the switch is indeed at fault. Should the switch not be faulty, none of this will help.

Dub-Se7en, you mind giving me a hand with this?!

I've opened up the turntable - if it is the power switch should you be able to see a problem? Was it the actual switch that was the problem with yours or one of the wires attached to it inside the table?

I was gonna try switching them over but it looks like you can't remove the switch without desoldering it from two wires. Hmmm

Be wicked if you could let me know man, don't wanna be forking out for a fat repair!

it was the actual switch. there was no visual evidence (burn marks etc.) of a failure but the turntable came back to life once the wires were bridged. i then took the switch to maplins and got another and popped it back in. been fine ever since

alternativly, take it to a electronics repair shop.....

good luck

I think I have the exact switch in a box of electronic goodies I keep. Sadly it's at my other address, but if you bridge the connection for the time being, I don't mind sending it out to you when I next visit.

I never throw ANYTHING away without plundering for goodies

muchos thanks for the help people - seriously, i haven't come across a forum with such safe people. ever.

it is the power switch - i tried the switch from the working deck and it came on no problem... ;)

now to findd a nearby maplins and work out how to use a soldering ting!

cheers again

I talked to one of my friends who works in the DJ section at guitar center today. He said he had the same problem with his table, and that he sent it off to vestax to be fixed. When he called to ask how long it would take, they said it would take a while because they had 40-some other tables with the same problem waiting to be fixed.