The Best Speaker You've Never Heard

Max

.: The Dynaco A-Series :.

A25 . A35 . A50

How well we succeeded is indicated by Gordon Holt's statement in Stereophile magazine. "You will have a hard time buying more musical naturalness at any price... (the A-25s) are quite probably the best buy in high fidelity today." As Julian Hirsch commented in Stereo Review, "When the music contained low bass... the Dynaco (A-25) left no doubt of its capabilities... Nothing we tested had a better overall transient response." And Audio magazine echoed, "The A-25 produced the finest tone-burst response of any speaker tested in this manner, regardless of price."

Need I say more? The speakers are regularly had on eBay for less than $100. I can tell you how amazing they are because I own a pair of A-35's and the sound is absolutely brilliant. I strongly suggest reading up on these speakers here

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't imagine how difficult it would be to build those correctly. If the dimensions of the enclosure weren't absolutely perfect, then the bass reflex would be out of phase with the woofer and the whole thing would sound like absolute shite.

These cost $250,000 a pair: -

http://www.aurant.com/feature/signatureFull/images/alex_small.jpg

Just these cables are $30,750: -

http://www.aurant.com/feature/signatureFull/images/Opus_MM_family_310x200.jpg

Guest Deeswift

I wouldn't think so!

Wilson benesch is a relatively young (10-year-old) and very successful ... has no connection whatsoever with US high-end speaker builder Wilson Audio...

No, then.

Guest Deeswift

Absolutely yes, the design contributes to the sound massively, I believe. They're not just built like that to look nice. Well, I think it's a fucking awesome design. Put it in the right room and they'd look incredible. I would love these speakers!

Guest Deeswift

HA. I'd wanna hear Virgil Donati's bass drums through those. It'd be like rapid fire tanks shooting at you. Moonbabies by Planet X... that'd sound deadly.

the Nautilus is £35,000. I gotta own a pair one day.

Better get off the forums and start graftin', lol!

Seriously though, I couldn't live with myself if I spent that much money on a pure luxury. If I had that kind of money to spend, I'd have to donate half of it to charity or something, just to live with myself. Think of how many hot meals that could buy, how many people wouln't need to go hungry... I wouldn't be able to hear the fucking things over my concience!

The average person would never have the right space to put it in, either. I reckon most people could probabbly achieve a better sound buying some £1000 Tannoy speakers and spending the rest on an extension to their house to put it in -designed with accoustics in mind, of course.

It's nice that they think outside of the box when it comes to case design, if you'll excuse the pun. I think it's important to remember that designs like this may be inaccessible to us now, but if they prove successful, we can expect to see similar designs filter down to consumer level.