I am the gayest

Mowgli

ok, basically there's someone who's fcked about a bit and atm, i'm struggling to get to the bottom of it because the computer that i'm on will filter anything beacue its at a primary school, I can't view the shitbox/read pm's/read threads that have swearing/images in them- it's super annoying. I don't really care and i'm not realy tryin to do a sherlock holmes.

I think Dv2 needs livening up abit, because when i first came here it was all sick and i cudnt wait to reply to posts in topics and now there's just too much petty bullshit, I can't explain it but its just a feeling so i'm taking a vacation from the site for a bit (no, not to go to asis :p)

I'm sure there's a moral/fable based on it. If you take away what's good, it'll be better when you get it back

apologies for this being posted in Music/DJ help, it's the only forum that the computer would allow me to post in.

take it easy for a bit people.

although i'm sure i'll wind up back here within 2 weeks :p

I'll upload a good album for you peeps when i get home to make up for anything.

no replies required....

You gotta remember it's summer time now man. People go out and do shit a lot more when the weather's nice and I don't blame them. There's times in the past I've thought DV was gonna die a death and then a month later it's mad busy again. It's just the way message boards go. If we all left cos it was a bit quiet, then it really would die. Stop being so gay! :p

lol good pun.

you're right, it's too much to think about, im just stressed.

And, i wish people wouldnt just fck off either, fairs its up to them, its just been a while since someone new really came in and contributed; sory if i'm comin over like im an OG cus i'm relatively new too, i just got messed up expectations and i am thee gayest. hehe.

i'll chat to you later.

Guest Deeswift

Mowgli, it's all good. We have some heated discussions here (and that's a good thing!) but I don't see much petty bullshit, as you call it. DV feels no different to me than how it always was, actually. Does anyone else feel it's going the way Mowgli described? I hope not, but I am definately interested to know people's thoughts on it. If it is going that way, us moderators are probably not doing our job of squashing petty bullshit before it goes too far, but I don't feel that's the case. I know Steve cleaned up the Wu-Tang Megamix thread, but that was the only beef I've seen for a while.

Aye, heated discussions are good. If we all agreed then it really would be dead here.

I think you gotta remember too Mowgli, that a lot of topics have been discussed in depth more than once. Is Rucker better than QBert? Are Technics better than Vestax? Are CD decks gay? All that shit. Unless there are new things to talk about then there's not a lot to say about DJing and scratching.

If people have ideas for the site then suggest them. We made an art section because that's what people wanted. The forum is flexible and we can add and remove stuff whenever we want.

Yea to be honest, i don't even visit the board as much.  Between work, and sports, and hanging with friends, i'm pretty busy.  As soon as school comes around though we'll be huge again

how many ppl from the baord are at school ??

i thought the majority were at work

Im at the uk equiv of high school goign into to year 12 [16-17]

Fandabby Dozie!

Mowgli, hows about you invoke a spurt of posting madness by starting a thread that's worth responding too yourself? Or should we just do that instead? You get where I'm coming from?!

pz

I've been at work all day, a place where dv is filtered one second and not the next, i've just got home.

Steve- i like how you summed up the ever-existing topical conversations ricci or q? tech or vestax? cd decks gay? :d

The one thing i think though is that its not always obvious when its a joke and when its not in these heated discussions because you have to understand that people dont know you as well as you may think and that what you may be spilling out as a joke may be percieved differently...i Know dave's used to it now though.:p

p.s it's not about the posts nin-jazz. does anyone else really keep track of them?

I know everyone keeps track of steve and dee's and the other mods...but maybe thats just gay me.

OK, I will put Gabe out of his misery for real this time.......

There's two references. The guy with the blacked up face is a character called Papa Lazarou from a comedy show called The League Of Gentleman. He calls women Dave and kidnaps them to be his wives. Bizarre I know.

The other reference is from a show called Only Fools & Horses. One of the main characters is called Rodney, but another character called Trigger, a really dopey fucker, thinks his name is Dave and despite the number of times he's told the guy's name is Rodney he still says "Alright Dave". That's also where "plonker" comes from.

HAPPY NOW DAVE?

Well that took all the fun out of it! It was funnier when I didnt know. Dave's the king in this bitch you plonkers!

OK, I will put Gabe out of his misery for real this time.......

There's two references. The guy with the blacked up face is a character called Papa Lazarou from a comedy show called The League Of Gentleman. He calls women Dave and kidnaps them to be his wives. Bizarre I know.

The other reference is from a show called Only Fools & Horses. One of the main characters is called Rodney, but another character called Trigger, a really dopey fucker, thinks his name is Dave and despite the number of times he's told the guy's name is Rodney he still says "Alright Dave". That's also where "plonker" comes from.

HAPPY NOW DAVE?

:((

well explained.

Nah this place aint changed. It's always the same with forums, when you first join they're all new fresh and exciting and everyone seems really cool. But then after a little while you realise everyone is as much of a cunt as you are and the facade falls away.

Just the way it is unfortunately.