BOOMERANG SCRATCH?

jsong56

Guest Deeswift

Yeah, hyper is the right word. The whole session lasted for hours, and that part is just a random bit cut from the whole thing. I think I was on 6 different drugs, that's why I thought I was Q-Bert. I honestly remember thinking "aah, so that's how he does it!" :| I discovered the secret. Busted.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gabe, isn't that diagram a one click flare orbit, but with a ghost click at the start?

Pretty much! Started backwerds.

So in what way is it a flirp since you're so interested in "defining" this shit?

Use your brain. Fader movement on a chirp and a flare are almost identical. The difference is the record movement and sample placement. So I do backside a chirp and front side a flare. Hence FLIRP! I said it before. Half chirp half flare. FLIRP! Use the GHOST CLICK! One half of the flare uses the gohst click to get two sounds the other half uses the records changing of directions.

Hows that for ""defining" this shit?"

Babies under trans forms equals a boomerrang

a chirp to a flare is a chirp flare

half chirp half flare started backwerds is a flirp

Its all hard to describe.

I can either say Play an "e" and a "b" another octave up "e" and put in a "g" as the highesrt note. Or I can say Play an "E Chord! You have to establish a term and defintion to easily communicate ideas to others.

Ryan:

that scratch on the deeswift file is not a boomerang.

if u got the blt dvd...check out "cutting session" its during dstyles last qa, right at the very end. he does it with a "fresh" sample. he does it a few times, you cant miss it.

im not one for naming cuts, but this is something that ive been trying to figure out for a while cuz it sounds sick.

well at least thats what i heard from someone on this forum.

i think somewhere in the download section u can download the

"cutting session" file from the blt dvd.

the post has a timemark so u know exactly where u can hear it.

jus off the topic...

i really do appreciate the help so far, alot of other boards dont tell u shit. its all that "why should i tell you, im better than you" mentality.

thanks guys, and thanx for uping the file deeswift.

I like naming cuts, I like techniques, I like musical notation , and I like to cut, I also like DV! I hope you guys dont get to heated up about my replys, I really enjoy that people here have opinions and sticking to them, I just hope yall respect mine.

i know what your saying, two people doing the same cut dont always sound the same.

but when one sounds like a flare and the other sounds like a chirp

there is obviously a difference. (example, im not saying the boomerang sounds like either)

im going by what i heard was a boomerang in another post, plus a few more posts on asis, maybe what u call a boom is not a boom to others, it dont really matter..at the end of the day im jus trying to figure something out...

Those are transformed babies. Do a baby and chop the head and feet off.

so the boomerang is just transform chirps? Damn.. this scratch was on some holy grail type shit.. now its just shit type shit..

Transforms are closed fader scratches meaning that they start and end closed. To transform a chirp you would just apply the rule of starting and ending the chirp with the fader closed. And so we end up with the transform chirp using my logic.. fuck a flirp.

flipflop:

"im going by what i heard was a boomerang in another post, plus a few more posts on asis, maybe what u call a boom is not a boom to others, it dont really matter..at the end of the day im jus trying to figure something out..."

ryans definition of a boomerang is whytebreads definition of a flirp.. i hate these dumb names for scratches that aint even probably named after the dj that made it.. why can't you just call them by their tech components, sure it takes longer to say but its alot easier to understand.