Warped records

Duya

most warped vinyl cant be fixed as they get a "kink" in it. but slightly warped you may have a chance.

heat the offending part with a hairdrier and put something heavy on top of the whole vinyl..this should help flatten it. its best to take yur time over it (ive normally heated it up 4 -5 times before satisfactory)..it will need a bit of heat though (i heat it up for 2-3mins normally but do what you think is best)

put the warped record under a piece of glass, on a table by a window that gets the sun. the weight of the glass is enough to straighten the vinyl. leave it when you go to work or college and when you return the bend should be gone.

the more extreme the warp, the easier it is to straighten. if it is slightly dished then its harder to fix.

thats one way of doing it. but heat is the key. the sunlight provides a gentle heat. no other weight other than the piece of glass is needed. i use a sheet of glass that come with a tv stand (the vcr shelf)

flol i was reading up on this from other sites and sum1 ruined £300 of vinyl because he put them in the dishwasher to clean :(( :(( :(( :((

put the warped record under a piece of glass, on a table by a window that gets the sun. the weight of the glass is enough to straighten the vinyl. leave it when you go to work or college and when you return the bend should be gone.

the more extreme the warp, the easier it is to straighten. if it is slightly dished then its harder to fix.

thats one way of doing it. but heat is the key. the sunlight provides a gentle heat. no other weight other than the piece of glass is needed. i use a sheet of glass that come with a tv stand (the vcr shelf)

cool, never thought of that.. cheers man

The enrocc rough way to get rid of the flower potting style warp not the kink style, this does work honest? try it but don't be to heavy handed...

I end up placing the offending record on the platter and with both hands at 12 oclock place my thumbs on the record label pushing down and with my fingers on the outer edge gently pulling up to bend the record slightly (max 30mm as a guide) in the opposite way to the warp... then with some cool skill, walk the record round whilist keeping it bent on the platter whilist still push down with your thumbs, do this a couple of times if needs be... if you over do it flip the record and repeat process... after awhile this begins to completely remove the warp, I know cos I have removed this type of warp on over a 100 million records...

:|

Edited by enrocc

Tip for fat bastards: -

Do the same as Enrocc but use your ample gut to flex the record in the required direction. Obviously being a skinny bastard I can't vouch for this, but 2ndHand tells me it works great. ;)