Your first ever setup?

Steve

Myself and 2ndHand used to cut with modified BSR direct drive turntables. The first mixer I ever bought was this...................

http://www.echigoyamusic.com/used/images/used/389.jpg

It's a Vestax 005a and it was CRAP. I was in the process of buying my equipment in stages, starting with this mixer, but then I lost my job and had to sell it. My first ever decks were PDXs but that wasn't until years later.

these:

and this:

Cost me 200 quid i had to save up for six months too! that was my happy hardcore days did a bit of scratching on it not not much! if you put your hand on the platter the other side came up they where great!

1 x 1200 and a gemini ps 626 back in '97. I didn't have enough for another 1200 but i was ok, cos i already had another Technics....but one of those hifi ones with the auto start and no pitch control :72_72:

oh, and a sapphire stylus that was already some years old by the time I got it. Learning to beatmix was a bit of a shit with that lot. The 'Technics' was soon replaced by a mate's spare soundlab which served for nearly a year until I could afford another 1200.

Oh, and my first ever 'upgrade' was gemini's scratchmaster fader :what_smile: . Lying slags - 7 years later and i'm still shit...

edit:

Come to think of it, (which I do) the mixer was actually a ps626 i :49_49: though what that means in real terms is anybody's guess.

Edited by Banano

started out with a used setup which was one tech 1200 that was like 11 years old and another tech 1200 that was a little newer and a stanton RM-3s mixer.... Aww man that fader crapped out in a second and the buying of used mixers then began, then i bought a used sk-6f.

The 626? Damn - a loooooong time. I've got two mates that have been DJs for over 10 years but their equipment leaves a lot to be desired. They both have Tech 12's which are fine, but their choice of needles (Stanton 500s) and mixers (626, Stanton SK-1 with glued up fader) leave a lot to be desired!

i had a KAM Red dwarf pack. two red BD-180MK2 Belt-drive turntables, and a small 2-channel mixer that was annoying as fcuk cos it had a massive centre dip in the fader. so my mate donated and GMX-5 19" mixer. that i used sideways...

Pioneer PL-250 TT with yellow Technics slipmat for $25.00 US

Pioneer CDJ -100s (still good) it was made in '02 and got it for $220.00 US

Pyramid PM-4000 4 Channel 19" mixer (really shitty mixer)

(now replaced w/ TASCAM XS-4, Love this mixer for its ruggedness.)

Pyramid PA-800X PA Amp- (Still makes tha floor shake.)

Pyle Pro Premium Series woofers (PPA-10s) in self-made boxes. (still bump like they came fresh out the box)

2 25' Rapco speaker cables(16-25JM), and Hosa interconnects(CRA-202, CPR-101)

Sony MDR-100 canz.

Radioshack PRO-4000 mic (old-school lookin black mic)

Laptop and 13 CDs filled w/ mp3's

numerous bootleg cds and vinyls

This was my Bad Boy mixer, I did a custom paint job with my J logo and made the whole thing black so it looks ok i have pics on some crazy online photo album i forgot about

Gemini pmx-120 - with curve control and punch in buttons cost $45 USD

I also had ONE of these

Gemini XL-200 with Cartidge cost $65 USD

The sad thing is i still have these lying around and i still use the xl-200 lol