The "Express you're Dislike for Kanye" thread

djxander

kanye is making the connection from streets to mainstream, he's a shit rapper true, but he can make one hell of a beat when he tries. he produed "stand up" by ludacris believe it or not.

check out common "the corner" - same break as sampled by people under the stairs "live at the fishbucket". its pretty nice actually, the sped up vocal thing is nothing new, he just did it superpop style.

"this way" with dilated is a great record IMO. But i dont believe in the broader scheme of things that any hiphop producer really pushes boundaries these days except for a handful of folks, count bass D has some great new shit coming out though, El-p, prefuse etc.. are dope IMO, i really rate fakts one, of course madlib is pushing his sound, risks means less cash, dont watch it if you dont like it.

on point

I am not the biggest fan of Kanyes.

AT LEAST HE SEEMS REAL! 90% of emcees are fake.

AT LEAST HE SPEAKS POSITIVE! 90% of emcees breed negativity.

As far as actually liking him or not. Thats just opinion. At least he seems to be doing some positive things. How many people do you know have got a hit single that mentions Jesus or religion. Only 1 i can think of, KANYE...

Most of Kanye's beats that I heard I didn't like but I gotta say that "This Way" on the latest Dilated album is one of the better tracks. Neighborhood Watch is weak overall, the beats are weak (I think you should blame the Alchemist for that), the cuts are weak for the most part. I think there is one good track on there from what I remember. I can't understand why Babu did only half-assed cuts throughout the album when he brought the funk on tracks like "On Deadly Ground" or "Downtown"

i lost my best friend to kanye. It's a sad story.

first he started talking like him and then dressing like him and then learning all his lyrics, then went to his concert.

i dont talk to him anymore....his skin is turning black.

not that i have anything against black ppl

just kanye- but not because he's black.

because he's too mainstream and in it for the money

if he was making an average amount i'd credit him for being original and fairly straight up.

but he aint.

because he's too mainstream and in it for the money

if he was making an average amount i'd credit him for being original and fairly straight up.

You should give people credit for their music not how much money they make off of it. You can criticize that he doesn't deserve to make money off of an insufficiently original album, but you're doing the opposite. You're saying because he's making money, his album is insufficiently original... this doesn't really make any sense (in my oppinion, of course).

I think mos def is still keepin shit pretty fresh and he makes loot so more power to him.

Where Dilated went wrong was keeping with evidence, a man who's voice is so annoying he makes me want to fill my ears with play-doh.

not feelin Kanye at all either tbh, as i'm fairly convinced that he's not the saviour of hip-hop after all...

Lil John?????? WTF....WELL OOOOOKKKKKKKAAAAYYYYYYYYY

Every producer has good and bad tunes

So not true. Some producers have only bad tunes, some have only good ones (well, released only the good ones)

so u are sayin then that good people make good tunes and bad make bad.

i feel u spoke thru ur arse not ur mouth there

from my understanding that's not what he said at all. i think he means that there are some producers who only release the best of their work and bin the mediocre stuff, then others who release almost all they produce

okay.....

i , paul, a fellow chicagoan, dislike Kanye West.

why....?

well props to him for success but i dont feel any of his stuff that i've heard....

chicago has many other talented underground artists to offer...even in hiphop.

all natural and the family tree for starters

i quite like kanye west.  good music just to listen to in the car.  but then i also like a few lil jon tracks, so go figure...

huw!!! how could you!!!

kanye's alright i guess. but i dont listen to rap music much. jesus walk is fressshness for me but then again, i am christian, so go figure.. mwuahahahah.

haha. i do like the college dropout album, easy to listen to. and some lil jon/crunk tracks are good too, i've been listening to the trick daddy album lately, i can't stop laughing..

Every producer has good and bad tunes

So not true. Some producers have only bad tunes, some have only good ones (well, released only the good ones)

i dont agree - madlib has some dodgy beats, premo has some fucking awful ones out recently, pop shots being one of them, again its just my view, but compare pop shots to tracks like full clip and u see what i mean.