Music Software

Steve

You need a Bit Torrent client installed to get this stuff................

All are well seeded and should download pretty quickly. I'll add more when I find them. If anyone needs anything let me know and I'll try and find it for you. Obviously I haven't downloaded all of this stuff so virus scan all the files and don't come crying to me if you can't get any of the programs to work!

right ive just downloaded cubase. but how do i open it now...ive looked but its got 16 .zip files none containing an exe file. help!!!

Is it 16 rar files ending with consecutive numbers?

When I downloaded the Waves bundle, it was a load of zip files. Inside each of these was a rar file. Basically what I had to do was extract each rar file from all the zip files, then open the first rar file and there was the setup file.

ive got a .diz file first..then a .nfo then after that a load of .r0* the * being the consecutive number ie 0 1 2 3 4 etc.

OK you need WinRar then. Once you have it installed, double click the lowest numbered rar file and you should be able to extract the main file(s). Files are split up like this cos it's easy for them to be downloaded via newsgroups and shit.

http://www.rarlab.com/

^^That's the official site, although if you click HERE you can download the corporate version which isn't a trial.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Deeswift

First off, .nfo files should be right-clicked. Choose "Open with..." and use Notepad. .diz files will also open in Notepad automatically.

If you have a load of numbered files, do as Sigma said and open (using WinRAR) the lowest numbered one. This will extract everything from the others automatically.

just downloaded cubase manual and found that its all in .gif format (sum1 has just photocopied the pages) for a better copy check cubase website or click these links (if they do work)

ftp://ftp.pinnaclesys.com/Steinberg/downl...ed_en_4873K.pdf

for the gettin started .pdf, and....

ftp://ftp.pinnaclesys.com/Steinberg/downl...l_en_10735K.pdf

for the manual

sorry i couldnt get them as a hyperlink but i dont know how

fuckin hell i do stuff i dont even know how..wicked. but a pointer to anything you have/downloaded (hardware software etc) go to the manufacturers website and 99% of the time they have manulals to download (hey i should know i got a bonus at work cos i got loads of manuals we were missin in our lab...took me under half hr for all them lol)

OK rather than me explain all the codes, I'll tell you how to get to the help section about them. Instead of using fast reply, click the main reply button. Then when the window opens for you to type your reply, you'll see the list of smileys to the left. Underneath that, click "BB Code Help" and a small window pops up with all the available codes and examples of how to do them.

cheers i knew how to do them on stanton board but it seems to me every board has a different way of doing things..well i'll take sum time out to learn how to do stuff

The only main difference between here and Stanton is you don't use quote marks in links. On Stanton's board you would have done this: -

[ url="http://www.somewebsite.com" ].:. CLICK HERE .:.[ /url ]

But on here it would look like this: -

[ url=http://www.somewebsite.com ].:. CLICK HERE .:.[ /url ]

Just remove the spaces in the square brackets to make it work.

• 1 month later...

i couldnt find a manual for adobe audtion but there is a few basic help points here http://www.adobe.com/support/products/audition.html

notice the warning sign as well .....Alert for Microsoft Windows XP users: New security in Service Pack 2 affects the Help systems of most Adobe products