M44-7 Replacement stylus

Hi all,

I just broke my last og stylus. I went on Amazon and just seached a bit for a replacement. There is millions of variants. Tonar, Tkakker, ibat, Normarh.
Anyone have any experience with this. What is good to get. Its very confusing

As far as I could work out Jico/Tonar are the same thing just rebadged. Might be the case that other brands are just badged Jicos too but don't know.

I picked up some Tonars recently. They seem fine. Didn't have any ogs to side by side test audio quality against but they track ok.

What do you think of them, TBear? In terms of sound quality and tracking?

so far they are pretty comparable to the 447's. i havent truly broken them in yet. Only been rocking with them for a few weeks. but i also havent been playing a lot. They are just as loud and seem to track well. I did notice it skipped on me once while scratching on regular vinyl. Its hard to say while using dvs as its usually in relative mode. i think i have a early gen Jico. the newer ones have the guard on them like the 447's. i miss that guard. but, i did not buy a jico cart. i only bought the stylus'. and they slide right into 447 carts with no problem. I would say that they are a decent 447 clone. i wouldnt say they are better than the 447s but the next best thing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

anyone have any thoughts about the audio quality of the jicos for sampling vinyl?

when I compare them to the m44-7's i feel like certain frequencies distort more, but might just be my imagination

anyone have any thoughts about the audio quality of the jicos for sampling vinyl?

when I compare them to the m44-7's i feel like certain frequencies distort more, but might just be my imagination

This is my main concern with the Jicos and I never got much info from other people. Most of the people I've heard comment about them (the Jicos) are saying they're using them for DVS so that really doesn't tell you anything about sound quality. While I agree with Deft that the best way to sample is to use a nice stylus, if I'm scratching I'm probably going to be recording straight off of the 44-7.