PS5

Deft

1 hour ago, Steve said:

It's the shitty Alps stick modules they use. The same ones are used in Xbox controllers too. I'm not sure if Nintendo use the same ones, but they probably do.

You'd think by now that MS and Sony would have told their supplier that this shit is just not good enough, but for whatever reason, they don't and they keep using the same shitty quality components.

While I have had over 10 faulty Xbox One controllers now, stick drift is the one thing that's not happened to me yet, lol.

There's a similar situation going on with high end gaming mice right now.

In an effort to make long lasting, low power using wireless mice - the whole industry started using these newer Omron switches that basically develop a double click on an unholy percentage of mice.  The problem is that every company uses these switches.

• Like 1

@scottie(the)goonieYep, I've had that exact issue with Logitech trackballs too! Thankfully, at some point, they seem to have changed the microswitches they use.

It would often act like I'd double or even triple clicked when I only clicked once, and if I tried to click and drag, sometimes it would act like I'd let go of the button even when I hadn't. It was really fucking frustrating.

@Steve Same thing for me.  Holding mouse 1 and releasing it = double click.  Sucks for games where you have to hold and release.  Sucks for regular use for dragging text.

It affects all the newer Logitech mice (I have a G Pro Wireless).  I have replaced 2 of them under warranty.  The third one I took apart and soldered in Japanese Omrons, the problem persists.

The internet speculated that it's a mix of low voltage (my mouse lasts for weeks without needing charging), and super low actuation.  Somehow this causes electrical switch-bounce.  

My 2013 Logitech mouse works just fine today.