PS5

Deft

• 2 months later...

The game looks nice, as does the console. The leaked images of the console looked awful IMO, so I'm glad that either they were bullshit, they were just dev kits, or Sony changed the design. Now it looks like a fancy router.

I'll take my time getting this one just like i have with all the other generations. although, i am excited for the miles morales spiderman. i just finished the spiderman story last month. i dont play everyday so it takes me a long time to get thru stuff. havent even popped the seal on jedi fallen order yet.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well my day of pre-ordering was ruined by my own stupidity. I watched it sell out on very.co.uk, where I could have got one. I thought I'll just grab it from Amazon, as maybe they'll do a better job of allocating stock. Watched the full version sell out in about 20 mins, waiting for the Digital Only one to list. I thought a 20 min window is plenty. The digital one listed and simultaneously sold out in a nanosecond. I added one to my basket within seconds and it just screwed up, moved it to "Saved For Later" and then the basket seemed to implode. I wonder what the stock split is between full fat and digital console? I'm not desperate to bag one on DAY 1, but thought I might as well get it ordered. I managed to order the silly headphones, charging dock and second control pad though. So perhaps on launch day I'll have all the accessories and no console!

• Like 1

Yeah, it was a disaster in the US too. People managed to figure out links to pages on certain store websites before the pages went live. Many stores started letting people pre-order early.

The same shit happened with NVIDIA's new 3080 graphics card, which sold out in less than a minute.

Of course eBay now has tons of listings from people selling their PS5 pre-orders and 3080 GPUs at jacked up prices.

Luckily my 4 yr old gets up at silly o'clock. Coincided with Argos releasing stock and allegedly I have the digital one pre-ordered. They'll probably e-mail to say no stock available, as the website was seriously slow and it was out of stock immediately after I finished my order.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I read recently that some people have concerns about slowdown with Sony... I guess MS is reporting continuously deliverable speeds but Sony is posting max speeds which are higher however there is question if they can be stable because SSDs slow down as they heat up. IDK... sounded kinda interesting tho.