Some new(ish) shit by me

Finally got round to sampling that Goblin record from a beat battle of old!

Me and a mate playing with knackered synths, shakers and a Barry White interview sample. Prepare yourselves for a synth solo from yours truly. And some Pharrell mouth sounds at the end :|

Nature trap-tronica :rolleyes:

Enjoy (maybe).

• Like 5

I'll be all over these later on!

It always makes me happy to see old beat battles albums being revisted, my hope was that they'd become resources for future use after the battles too. And the brief descriptions alone of the other two have me interested already!

• Like 2

Caloriez is so good, amazing work on that. Love how much it builds up, there's so many new layers and things, I really like the attention to detail. The Barry White snippet works brilliant as well, love the echo on the laugh at the end of it. Synth solo is fire as well! The switch at 3:30 is sick...so much good stuff going on in this track.

Fireflies is nice as well, gives me proper Bonobo vibes. The xylophone and the electric piano are beautiful, love those subtle vocal samples as well. You're really talented, I'll be sure to check out more of your stuff.

• 2 months later...

Really dope tune above there. The first half would be perfect for a rapper, someone like Esham is what I'm hearing. Second half is fuckin quality on it's own. I don't know shit about mixing but maybe more bass in that first half?

Really fuckin good though bredrin!

• Like 1

Yo thanks for listening and the feedback man! Is Esham the old school guy from Detroit? Thanks for mentioning maybe more bass in the first half. Its so hard to get the balance right! I think maybe the first half is too treble-y which might be part of the problem. Its one of those things where the bass sounded good on the monitors then hearing it on laptop speaks and headphones etc it gets lost. All learnings :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...