I just bought...

On 6/18/2023 at 8:01 AM, Jam Burglar said:

Got a new old stock Stanton STR8-150 a while back.  Cool turntable but all of the "soft touch" surfaces have turned sticky (all the buttons, the pitch-fader knob, the base, etc.)  I've been hitting the buttons with Goo Gone then clear coating to protect the writing on them.  Kind of a ridiculous flaw but otherwise a beast of a turntable that tracks better than everything else I have.

That drives me crazy how that happens with certain plastics. 

On 6/19/2023 at 3:52 AM, arkei said:

@Jam Burglar You need to buy some orange acid based cleaning fluid to get rid of that sticky surface. It's a known phenomenon...

That's pretty much what goo gone does.  I heard the writing will wear off the buttons so I'm hitting those with a clear coat.  Working good so far.  Lacks the refinement of a 1200 but it's far more powerful.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

long time lurker, longtime on again off again dj (used another name on dstyles message board/thudrumble/asisphonics/paltalk scratch rooms)

got myself something for a early birthday present, after trying to buy one in 2018( seller shipped with ZERO packaging. It came with a uk power supply that I don’t need. Anyone need it? 
IMG-8050.jpgIMG-8051.jpgIMG-8052.jpg

Edited by williepee
  • Like 3

Welcome to the glorious club of the ScratchBox owners (i got mine with the bag too when it came out).

I've never had a scratch DJ visiting my crib who didn't liked that exotic mixer. Treat it well ☺️

I just bought a Vestax PMC 06 Pro A.

Line faders are quite stiff so want to open it up and clean the faders but damn, those faceplate screws are tight (my guess is it hasn’t been opened up at all in 20+ years). Anyone got any recommendations for decent mini screwdrivers to loosen up those faceplate screws?

@williepee

Scratchbox is such a unique mixer.

There are very few scratch mixers with EQ faders instead of knobs.  I dare say none of them that AND s clean bottom half with wide spacing.  I remember the first time seeing one of these at a session.  I should have played with it when I had the chance.

21 hours ago, jeljms said:

I just bought a Vestax PMC 06 Pro A.

Line faders are quite stiff so want to open it up and clean the faders but damn, those faceplate screws are tight (my guess is it hasn’t been opened up at all in 20+ years). Anyone got any recommendations for decent mini screwdrivers to loosen up those faceplate screws?

its possible that it was never opened up and has 25 years of loctite on the screw threads.  try soaking the area with acetone or nail polish remover for a few minutes.  a few years ago, i bought a precision screwdriver set that has regular grips on them like full size screwdrivers.  those are a life saver, i can actually grip the drivers with my hand and not just fingertips. plus i can put enough downward pressure on a screw when they are on tight. they are by mastercraft. i got them at a hardware store. but there are loads of options on amazon.

• Like 2

Stumbled over a sale on Reloop RMX Innofaders, and bought the two left in stock. I don't own any Reloop mixers, but principle it should be possible to make them work in other stuff, right? Total was $40 shipped, so I can live with the loss if it doesn't work out.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, virak said:

I don't own any Reloop mixers, but principle it should be possible to make them work in other stuff, right?

I reckon it will, cos it comes with a 3 pin adapter cable so it will work in Reloop mixers, which implies that without that adapter, it should work in other mixers.

1 hour ago, virak said:

Stumbled over a sale on Reloop RMX Innofaders, and bought the two left in stock. I don't own any Reloop mixers, but principle it should be possible to make them work in other stuff, right? Total was $40 shipped, so I can live with the loss if it doesn't work out.

Wow that's a great deal. I would email Innofader. They have been real helpful in the past... had a similar situation and were able to send me just the parts I needed. Or could buy a Reloop :P

On 7/20/2023 at 4:30 PM, TBearOne8III said:

its possible that it was never opened up and has 25 years of loctite on the screw threads.  try soaking the area with acetone or nail polish remover for a few minutes.  a few years ago, i bought a precision screwdriver set that has regular grips on them like full size screwdrivers.  those are a life saver, i can actually grip the drivers with my hand and not just fingertips. plus i can put enough downward pressure on a screw when they are on tight. they are by mastercraft. i got them at a hardware store. but there are loads of options on amazon.

Thanks for this - I picked some new precision screwdrivers up today and they did the trick. Opened it up and was surprised to find a P&G in the crossfader slot.

Paid £60 for the mixer so that was a nice bonus. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I just bought a Akai S-3000 for 200 swiss francs. It was still in the sealed box and was stored in a Hi-Fi-Shop since 1993-1994ish. The price back then was 2999 £. It's quite a bargain and I always wanted the S-3000 (I already have the S-950) so I'm really exited about that purchase.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

J20231014-123747.jpg

Just managed to get this last week for 235 as it had been tested and comes with a headshell and a counterweight. Either one seems to be missing from most of the second-hand pdxs at the 200ish mark. The motor is really good and strong and all works well, what I was worried about with a golden oldie. One foot as described was missing and parcel force being the usual cunts broke one of the others. Found some replacements for 25 for 4 on eBay. 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Feels like it could be a future option. Their other mixer is a big rotary beast I think? I suppose it doesn't matter as it will stay in a box ready to be bequeathed to my children upon my death, like most of my pointless expensive DJ equipment.