new needles

iexist

im having thoughts of ordering some new needles soon and i was maybe wanting to branch out and try a new pair.. ive been stickin to shure since the beginning of my djing days... anyone else recommend any others? how are those long needles (i dont know what theyre called..)?

What kind of tables did you have and are you primarily cutting or also mixing. Because I was in the same boat as you, recently or a month ago one of my damn needles bent, so I was considering going with something else. If you are into also mixing or you wanna fiddle with setting it up right I heard the whitelabels have great sound quality and can stick to the record after fiddling with it. Other than that you are pretty much safe with the m44-7's if thats the shures you have. I ended up just replacing the needles because Im tight on cash. But if I had a little extra I might get some whitelabels. From experience stanton 500's and 520's just eat up your records and have horrible sound quality compared to the shures. About the integrated carts youll hear mixed comments, I myself havent used them long enough to say anything but I would look into those ortofon thudrumble ones, they seem promising..... maybe

Guest Deeswift
im having thoughts of ordering some new needles soon and i was maybe wanting to branch out and try a new pair.. ive been stickin to shure since the beginning of my djing days... anyone else recommend any others?  how are those long needles (i dont know what theyre called..)?

Concorde? Don't touch them mate, they eat vinyl like a motherfucker. Only thing I'd trade my M44-7's for is Shure White Label.

man white labels are expensive

Thats the only reason I wouldnt buy them, but replacing the needle is cheaper than replacing the 44-7's soooo maybe thats an incentive to buy some hahaha i doubt it...... they are sorta sexy too :p

yehthat was a bad link though...it turned out that the silly price was infact too good to be true..they were just selling the stylus not the cart itself

Guest Deeswift

Concordes EAT vinyl. I used to have these when I started out. I thought they "looked cool". I can't believe I wasted so much cash on such gay needles. Anyway, I ended up giving them to my brother. They were the blue ones. It said "DJ" on them (weak).

Concordes EAT vinyl. I used to have these when I started out. I thought they "looked cool". I can't believe I wasted so much cash on such gay needles. Anyway, I ended up giving them to my brother. They were the blue ones. It said "DJ" on them (weak).

They have those exact needles in the bar where I play on a Thursday. They are pretty wack.

I wouldn't change my Shures. Spend the money on something else.

I dont think the White Labels are built for scratching but do have a real good freq range and high output.

M44-7s are odd, somtimes when i buy a new pair there shit (bend quick, burn records) and other times they are long lasting, stable mo fo's.

does my head in :s

I had Staton 520's and the melted my vinyl on contact just about. I bought some m-447's and man the sounded a million times clearer and have VERY good skip resistance. I would have to say that for scratching puposes only, just stick with 447's but if you want a little better sound quality go with the 44G.

Guest Deeswift
I dont think the White Labels are built for scratching but do have a real good freq range and high output.

M44-7s are odd, somtimes when i buy a new pair there shit (bend quick, burn records) and other times they are long lasting, stable mo fo's.

does my head in  :s

7's need to be broken in. They are always shit for a few weeks, at least. A good idea is to leave them playing over night on a locked groove when you get a new one.

Yer i know they got to be broken in, I been using them for a good 5years...

owwwww

Dee, do you think shure might make a cheaper production now and then, keep there costs down?

I dont belive this, but a few peeps I know recon there are copys/fakes being sold in some shops.

blah blah blah,

Im still going to stick with them anyway, just nice to have a quick moan...

Guest Deeswift

I heard about cheapo rip off versions a few years back but I've never seen any. I don't believe Shure put them out themselves though. Is that a rumour?