BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Bollywood Bonanza

DJ Rock Well

Keeping up with sampling cliches (Doob's fault - he put me on the spot :p), here's a bit of Bollywood!

R.D. Burman's music from '79 Bollywood classic "The Burning Train" to be precise. The songs are long and rubbish and I shudder to imagine the film that went with them, but there's little bits here and there that are ripe for something.

Here's a wav of the whole thing

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgzbgz52b8i9qhy/burningsamples%20Samples.zip?dl=0

As before, the only rule is that you have to sample at least one sound from the audiofiles provided above. You can add any other sounds you like. The final result can be any style or genre you like (definitely doesn't have to be a scratch beat or anything, but if that's what you want to do it's fine too, of course).

Post up your entries in the comments of this thread.

Deadline for entries will be Wednesday 12th January. After that we'll have public vote for a week.

• Like 4

No, I don't think so mate. Although I've got a couple of CD comps of individual tracks from some killer albums - possibly I've heard to odd track that way. I'll look up online when I get a chance though... always up for hearing new stuff!

I've always kept an eye out for good Bollywood LPs, but about 99% of records i've found have been awful. I guess a lot of the big ones are hard to hunt down and big money if you do.

Guest petesasqwax

Hot dayum - first out the gate! I haven't even started chopping the samples yet - damn good job it's next Weds, not this!

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

I'm a beat making fiend these days man, I already made another one since putting that up :p

excellent news! I managed to make the 5 loops I did for the PYC christmas looper in one 5 hour period, which is pretty prolific for me, but I've not done anything since then

I'm a beat making fiend these days man, I already made another one since putting that up :p

excellent news! I managed to make the 5 loops I did for the PYC christmas looper in one 5 hour period, which is pretty prolific for me, but I've not done anything since then

lol ok i guess I'm not that much of a fiend yet, that's pretty quick! I finally found a cool area in Seoul that i can buy weird assed Asian records from though so I'm happy.

Yo Dooban just got me on to this. Will try and get some thing done in time.

Nice one man! If you rap over it too you got a guaranteed win :p