BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Bollywood Bonanza

DJ Rock Well

Guest petesasqwax

Thanks mate :)

Really looking forward to hearing what everyone else did. I always wait until I've submitted mine before checking any others, but it was a bit late last night and I'd broken my ears with too much headphone-age

Guest Symatic

finally got to listen to the other beats. dope work guys!

doob that was the break i started with too, but i couldnt decide between chopping it right up and making a new rhythm or using the existing one as a loop and building around that.....

so many nice samples in here tho. good one rocky

Guest Symatic

haha petes tune has been described as 'makes me wanna take my clothes off' and 'it just makes me really sad" and 'fuckin fffffffresh' within about 30 seconds. mass appeal yo

Nice work Sy - really creative! Love yours too Pete. That's a good crazy loop find in amongst the madness of that record. It has an ill vibe reminiscent to the interludes on the first Cypress Hill album.

I played around yesterday afternoon & had a couple of ideas but didn't get anything ship-shape. I enjoyed searching & chopping around the samples so if I do get round to finish anything I'll post it up eventually. Big up that DJ Rockwell for the samples & the battle.

Guest petesasqwax

Damn, finally got around to listening through to what Doob, Fayc and Sy did - HOT SHIT!!!

Doobs - fucking love how it builds and goes into different areas. It works an absolute treat

Fayc - so fucking heavy. Serious head nod with a lead weight attached to your skull, especially when the the female vocal part comes in.

Sy - dopeness! I definitely reckon we should do a scratch production thing (maybe not a battle - perhaps a compilation?) - enjoyed that immensely

• Like 1