BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Bollywood Bonanza

DJ Rock Well

Top stuff Doob, you're beatmaking machine at the moment!

I've got as far as making a nice scratch loop from the samples... which I may be able to extend, but might also have to abandon in favour of an idea with a bit more scope.

I've had plenty of time off over Xmas too... but then I got a kitten and it turns out that they are harder work than I remembered ;)

Guest petesasqwax

Don't get me wrong: Matt is the undisputed king of this shit, no question about that whatsoever - any suggestions to the contrary will result in a vicious roadside banning!

• Like 1

Fayc - yep, like Doob said we could stall a little bit if it comes to it. Also, I'm glad you've found this record inspiring - that's really the point of these friendly battles, it's much more about getting us all doing something than winning. Hopefully, these LP rips will be useful for some people to return to as a source of samples... I'm not sure if Doob's filled you in, but we've done 3 prior to this and if you follow the links in the original threads the links for the wavs in my Dropbox should still be there. Although those battles have past, you might find something you like on the albums to chop anyway?

Ah sweet. Well I got something coming along nice now just tying to work on the mix. I have had look at some old battles and already downloaded one of them so thanks mate really appreciated. Feel bad using it but what the hell haha. Will get my beat up soon. thanks again

Guest petesasqwax

Did mine last night. I'll give it another listen and probably tweak it a little tomorrow night before submitting properly on Wednesday...

or I'll listen to it again this morning, decide that it's ok and upload it straight away

One of the 2, definitely - either way: I'm in!

I'm lagging behind too. I've made a tiny start but that's all... I will try and join the fun though.

Fayc - banging beat BTW!

thanks man. yeah I'm pretty happy with it. the samples you could use from that record did it for me. amazing choice mate.

Guest Symatic

i started chopping up samples and was gonna go in on it, but ended up wasting loads of time so i just dumped all the samples into serato and made this...

i just fucked around with the sounds for 10 minutes and chopped out the best bits, forgot to put in a bassline tho!

• Like 3