BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE... sample from his flock, win a place in Heaven!

DJ Rock Well

I am almost embarrased to post this, even more about listening to the pure dopeness that you guys have managed to do. I guess you can stop worrying about coming out last since I'm obviously the bottom entrance haha.

Yeah, good stuff Kasbe and don't ever be put off posting in these friendly beat battles - we're not about egos and dick measuring round here. It's done for fun. plus it's a good way to learn from each other.

word! props for getting involved

Guest Symatic

heres the vid i recorded the other day..... apologies for the rambles and errrrrrrrrrrrrr's. fair play if you make it to the end :)

Awesome to see you put up vid on the process. Makes me think about turning the MPC into a midi controller and get a software DAW.

Thx for the info!

EDIT:

What about a Digital Vertigo graff style with something to reference the battle theme as a looper background and marker tags with everybody's names as buttons below?
Edited by Kasbe

Guest Symatic

we've had all sorts of styles man, space invaders, terminator, my little pony, playing cards, just a flashy background with loads of banners type of style..... theres all sorts of options!

Guest petesasqwax

fuck it - I'm failing so fucking hard at recording this shit. I tried camstudio, which I have used before to do tutorials for non-audio programmes, but trying to get it to record Ableton and my talking over the top (using my webcam as a mic because that's the only mic I have!) is FUCKED. it goes all wigged out dayglo orange and shit. fuck's sake. I might have to pull a Sy and just film the screen or some shit like that... I'm afraid that'll have to wait until the weekend, though... gutted. I fucking suck at this shit, apparently (which I didn't realise until I just tried it)

Si - I made it through the whole 20 mins and found it very interesting indeed. I definitely think it was stronger because you forced yourself to use just the samples you had... it would never have been the same with a generic 808 boom instead of the automated bass drone you made. Also, I reckon sometimes loads and loads of plugins are required to bully a sound to just where you want it.

Pete - I want to see yours!

Guest petesasqwax

I reckon sometimes loads and loads of plugins are required to bully a sound to just where you want it.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I've been running shit through a gangload of plugins for as long as I can remember and it's the only way I've found myself able to really mangle the sound into exactly what I'm looking for.

It occurs to me that I actually have a really nice DSLR camera which I might be able to utilise...