BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE... sample from his flock, win a place in Heaven!

DJ Rock Well

Had a blast laying down the base beat today. The looper thing is a good idea!

Will wait until I finish mine to listen to the other beats though :)

• Like 1

BTW about that looper... I can do the art too. Will post pics of my stuff when I get home.

Edit:thread made in correspondent subforum

Edited by Kasbe

Guest Symatic

We've done loopers for these before, i'm happy to help as ive done a few in the past, or if theres someone that actually knows what theyre doing and has more creativity than just looking up images from arnie films than please go ahead :)

"Nothing obvious" was totally the point of this one Doob, there no obvious loopable passages or drums, etc. But once you start chopping, tuning and processing with effects, there are plenty of good sounds and textures.

That said, I totally agree that Si really went in on this one.

Guest Symatic

Cheers for the feedback guys :) i learned a lot of cool tricks making that. I found a nice open kik and snare and eq'd them a lot for the drums. The kick i put a massive sharp bass boost on it to make it ring out at a low frequency like a 808, then i automated that boost so it decended as the sound tailed off, which made it sound really drum-machine-y. Then i resampled that and played it.

Guest petesasqwax

I'm going to wrestle this fucker into submission over the next week. Apologies I've not been around of late, btw. Crazy amounts of (good) shit a gwan!

Dooban a totally different route to the others,

I really like it mate. To cut to I probz prefer one of the other traks but to just listen to yours all day long mate. Really pleasing on the ear, some chillin stuff can get a bit borin half way through for me. but that track keeps u swayin all the way through .The vocal parts are cool as well, Bob on that mate! 😊😊😊

The end bit sounds wicked with headphones on as well, nice touch, like the way it Fuks you off abruptly then changed direction, it kinda draws you in all chilly then flips on ya. I wasn't expecting the stereowizzy thing either I nearly fell outta bed ha.

is there a limit to how many tracks you can submit?

I suppose not.

It could be said it would give you an unfair advantage, but you could just as easily be robbing votes from yourself. Besides, this sort of thing is more about the taking part than winning... you don't even get to claim your prize until after you die.

Guest petesasqwax

Where the fuck are the Taoist psych albums? I can't lie: subject matter aside, this album has a whole lot about that I really fucking like!

Guest petesasqwax

Fixed the player for you, Phology. I reckon that's my favourite so far, but as always the selection is HEFTY. DV is the shit, no question