New DV collab track?

Steve

We should have a go at making another one. If someone can make a beat loop with a couple of change ups so people can fuck around with it, then anyone who wants to can add a few bars of cuts and pass it onto the next person and so on. Anyone up for it?

Guest Deeswift

Count me in for this one. I couldn't do it last time cause I had no room to set my decks up. Since I moved house and got settled it's all Bisto.

Guest Deeswift

One thing I wonder about is the quality -- is there gonna be some kind of loss the more it gets passed around? Not that I really give a shit about the quality if the vibe is there, just wondered how it's gonna be done.

Most people have broadband so we could either export the file so far as a wav and pass it on via YouSendIt (or use Monkey's Audio or whatever to shrink it with no loss), or everyone could do their bit separately and I'll stitch them together.

nice 1, i'm down.

don't have my decks hooked up b/c i'm packing to move, but i could bust out a loopable beat with some changes no prob.

Sweet. Go for it mate.

Jordan - Sound man.

I'd like everyone to post a few bars so we have a nice 20 minute long track or something.

cool cool... anyone got any bpm suggestions,

i personally like the 75-90 bpm range, but i know some folks like it faster and some slower..

sigs, your idea, you make the call brova, i'm down for anything but the 120-150 range.

i'll have it up either late tonight or in the morning(depending on if my mate's girl lets him out the house tonight)

Guest Deeswift
cool cool... anyone got any bpm suggestions,

i personally like the 75-90 bpm range, but i know some folks like it faster and some slower..

sigs, your idea, you make the call brova, i'm down for anything but the 120-150 range.

i'll have it up either late tonight or in the morning(depending on if my mate's girl lets him out the house tonight)

I'm easy with any tempo, but I love fast beats. I'd love to do a 150 bpm track with some people.

got a beat, soon as i wake up(i'm a bowl away from bed), i'll be on AIM to shoot it to whomever wants to upload where folks can download it. I won't have access to my crews server till next week sometime so i don't have anywhere to host it.

it's about 1:25 long encoded @ 256kbps weighs in around 2.5mb

clean drums for the massessss

Here it is,

it's just a beat, clean drums like a live kit. Left it totally solo so someone could cut the bassline, quitars, horns ect... instead of everyone just doing some cuts over some instro. lets make a kickass comp.

link - http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2FGJKL3...B50YV3B719EZVS0

filename is - DVbeat_March05_90bpm.mp3

Guest Deeswift

I reckon it's a bad idea to use .mp3. Shouldn't we use .wav or FLAC? Lossless would be the way to go, although the file size would be large, it'd be worth it.