hand slipping on the record

INFA

When i try to some faster scratches my the record slips slowly underneath my hand. when i for example chirp for a while mij hand is a centimeter behind from where i started. any tips for resolving this problem?

i hav a lil tub of hand moisturiser next to my set up, yes that may sound femme to u rugged mofos. so wat, the last sneakers i bought was womens too, im in touch wi my femme side. listen to doob, u wont solve this problem any other way.

• Like 1

Last night I went to bed thinking 'how do people's hands get so dry they can't hold a record?'.

Well I had been working in the garden and my hands were dry and horrible. I went to have a 10 min cut before my bedtime poo and it was not nice. I feel for og poster. I tried hand creme but it didn't have any major impact straight away.

What I did find, is that after 15 minutes my hands warmed up and combined with the hand creme, I started to feel a bit better.

Even waking up this morning, my hands are dry. I'm not cut out for outdoor work!

• Like 1

I got very small hands and working in the garden always makes my hand dry as hell. But i dont normally have very dry hands and licking my fingers doesn't solve the problem. I hope new slipmats will. The order for buttur rugs is cancelled (shop didn't had them anymore) so i ordered tablecloths because of the reviews i saw on youtube. Its going to take a few days before i have them because i ordered them from Germany.

Will also try a moisturizer.

Thnx for the reply's

When i try to some faster scratches my the record slips slowly underneath my hand. when i for example chirp for a while mij hand is a centimeter behind from where i started. any tips for resolving this problem?

What about those little finger things? http://nindjagear.storenvy.com/products/12796810-stabberz-dj-grip-enhancers

I use them with my CDX because the torque is so high + slip mats not very slippery.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

There's always this option...

I'm suprised they moved from the 'cavity search' to cutting straight away :o

how long have you been scratching?

If you're relatively new, the answer is: just keep scratching and re-adjusting.

Literally every single DJ I've taught scratching to complains about their hand slipping, and when I started scratching on my weak side I was getting it too. It's because your muscle memory hasn't gotten used to the amount of pressure you need to put in order to keep it from slipping but still allow you to move freely and not stop the motor and all of that. It does go away though.

If you're been scratching for a while, possibly finger tip moistener, cleaning your records, or more slippy mats.

• Like 1

i have been djíng for 20 years but recently switched my focus to scratching

Ok then yea don't try to get any grippy stuff or change slipmats, just practice and your hand will adapt to the pressure you need to grip the record properly, it's a normal hurdle.

• Like 1