Community Skratch Games was the Greatest thing to ever happen in the universe

Guest Symatic

#jel

Finances stopped me this year. Also me going to Ireland without the other half would be a concept she would struggle with, fuck taking the mrs on scratch-cation with the beys!

If I'm not so desperately skint and can persuade her in doors that CSG Gallway is a village near Bognor Regis I'm going next year fo sure.

Any of you bummers got footage then?

Guest Symatic

footage wouldn't convey it... but i'm sure some will arise.

it's physically impossible to capture Naive Ted with conventional recording equipment.

basically, Galway is a well nice town anyway so you could actually bring a non-scratch human to this without any worries they wouldn't have a good time.

theres dope food everywhere, it's all well nice and village-y and theres sea and hills and stuff. but most importantly the music is all so high grade, whether you're into scratching or not.

within ten minutes of getting to Jimmy Penguin's scratch-lair I had already been treated to enough rediculous dopeness that I could have gone home a happy man - and i was there another 4 days!

#evenmorejellynow

And yeah the Naive Ted at Brighton was bonkers good, video wouldn't do it any justice what so ever.

bring a non-scratch human to this without any worries they wouldn't have a good time.

My other half actually really likes hip hop, cutting etc.... which is cool. The problem is when going away on a scratchy weekend the last thing I'd wanna do is be in relationship mode, making sure she's happy and shit all the time, it would seriously impact on interesting conversations on Aaaaaaaah

• Like 1

Super fun weekend, such good vibes i had goofy grin on a fair bit :-) We got the test pressings the day before so got to take em out and have a good play. Sat and Sun performances were all so original and dope at the same time, the music scene is very cool and lots of the scratching complimented the music or was the music, rather than it being a thrash fest the whole time :-) the battle was fun too - just straight up freestyle cutting - we all had a go, me n sy got thru round 1 (!!) but in the end Jimmy penguin beat Djackulate in an accapella scratch off - jimmy p's ground wire fell off and he used the static as part of the routine !!!!

oh yeah - met Rick Flares too :-) hello mate !

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

yeah getting the test presses when Darcy arrived and breaking em in with a scratch session with some of the greatest in the world was pretty fuckin cool :)

• Like 4