scratchmachine wtf!?

cutdisco

its one of two things - either a shed load of recorded scratching in a sample pack or a sample pack and player with some mixer type fucntionality or a bit of both. Nohing particularly ground breaking here. Results will sound generic or wack - best avoid.

When I saw this I was horrified at first. But then I thought there are plenty of rompler plugins that not only contain instrument samples, but ways to make them sound as if they're being played. Like the NI funk guitarist Kontakt plugin, etc.

Obviously, they will never be as good as the real thing... but say your a young kid starting out making music with just an old PC and some iffy plugins, plus no friends that scratch or any kind of connections. It's still a way to get a sound if you have no other option. Of course I probably eat my words when all the big eedee'em "DJs" start using it for choruses in their pop songs.

• Like 3

Digital DJs will be surplus to requirements soon enough. You'll just have an Internet-enabled jukebox that can mix and scratch where people can select songs via a smartphone app and they're played based on number of votes and certain other criteria. At some point, the people using that smartphone app will start to consider themselves DJs. The app will evolve, so that the person who selects the songs that get the best crowd responses is rewarded with points and a new league table of utterly talentless cunts will be created - even more talentless and cuntish than the DJ Mag Top 100. All of the real DJ websites will die (we'll pretend they haven't already), and all that will be left are a couple of sites writing "10 reasons why you're just as much of a DJ as the old school DJs" and "it's only what comes out of the speakers that matters" articles, while the authors of said articles secretly think "this is fucking bullshit!" as they stare up at the Technics 1200 posters on their office wall and shed a tear for what used to be.

That's my vision of the future anyway. :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Digital DJs will be surplus to requirements soon enough. You'll just have an Internet-enabled jukebox that can mix and scratch where people can select songs via a smartphone app and they're played based on number of votes and certain other criteria. At some point, the people using that smartphone app will start to consider themselves DJs. The app will evolve, so that the person who selects the songs that get the best crowd responses is rewarded with points and a new league table of utterly talentless cunts will be created - even more talentless and cuntish than the DJ Mag Top 100. All of the real DJ websites will die (we'll pretend they haven't already), and all that will be left are a couple of sites writing "10 reasons why you're just as much of a DJ as the old school DJs" and "it's only what comes out of the speakers that matters" articles, while the authors of said articles secretly think "this is fucking bullshit!" as they stare up at the Technics 1200 posters on their office wall and shed a tear for what used to be.

That's my vision of the future anyway. :)

oh my god.. somebody call cool ceith, judgement, guilty, sentence death.. id rather watch a dog chase its tail..

Close DV, we're all officially redundant now.

this is what time it is..