it hurts :(

rygon

just wondering if any1 else get a pain in there arm (startin from their elbow to the hand) when scratchin for too long. when practising just about every day after a mnth or so it starts to niggle then becomes very painful. my decks are approx the heigh on my lowest rib. and i do move the fader a lot (which i think contributes to it mostly..seems i move the fader even when i dont need to). but its startin to p1ss me off now.... :48_48:

damn, you were having this problem back on the stanton board. try and use your fingers and thumb more when cutting instead of your wrist and arm.

also, don't practice as often, or have alternate days of open fader scratching...

good to see ya back!

yeh its the muscles like...yeh i go a bit too stupid when using my wrist.

good to be back dub. i aint as bad as i do rest it more. well my scratchin is gettin better...still aint got scratchin in beat properly but it is gettin better.

Yeah my arms aches when I sleep if I had a long day of scratchin. I learned that if you wear a tight sweat wrist band and slide it up to your fore arm the pressure helps the pain. It sounds crazy, but if you go to the doctor about the carpal tunnel syndrome they will perscribe you an arm band for your forearm! It has somthing to do with the tendons that rum from elbow to wrist.

no i dont...cmon reveal urslef

haha dont need to..after exstensive research..tapping of phones etc (and looking at ur soulseek user name) i now know...

aight kakarot howz it going

true kakarot...tis great seeing friendly cyber faces again. ive been on a few different boards since stanton but none as good (dmcworld is suprisngly lame) i reckon this one will take off big time

well i reckon i have found the reason i have a lame arm.

i was lookin at the way i scratch and i noticed that my arm seems to be always cramped up with my arm being bout 100mm above my elbow. im reckoning this is stopppin the flow of blood or somthing. unfortunately i cant make my stand any smaller as its kinda stuck rigid (+plus my tv and vinyl just fit underneath) so ive got 2 solutions....

a)wear stiletoes

b)stand on a box

i think the box wins..just (although on weekends its a totally different story) but i was gonna make it so i could fit sum of my dj gear in as well like spare needles, brushes, vinyl cleaner etc cos i keep on losing everything.

thanx for the help lads..u should never have to hear me moan about it again

try and use your fingers and thumb more when cutting instead of your wrist and arm

definatly

i found my arm started to ache wen first learnin to transform

little tip that i do

wen doin nuthin (watchin TV or wateva) do scratch motions wiv ur fingers, crab thin air

it helps build hand muscles

The action you should take depends on the pain. If it's just muscle strain then it will get better as you get stronger but if it's tendonitis or repetitive strain injury then you should stop scratching completely until it's fully better. The amount of people who carry on cutting when they are in pain is crazy cos they'll end up with lobster claws for hands by the time they are middle aged. This is the age of video games and PCs too so your hands are constantly being used for something. Plus you're all a bunch of wankers. ;)

i think the box wins..just (although on weekends its a totally different story) but i was gonna make it so i could fit sum of my dj gear in as well like spare needles, brushes, vinyl cleaner etc cos i keep on losing everything.

thanx for the help lads..u should never have to hear me moan about it again

my advice..

shorter strokes, less movement... it's not about how fast you can flick your wrist.. speed comes along soon after you get the record movement and clicks down. i like to zone out and stare at my Robotech wall scrolls... takes my mind off of focusing 'too hard' on clicking and all that shit..

Edited by David iLL

"This might sound daft but I only get arm ache when I'm not really enjoying myself. "

"shorter strokes, less movement... it's not about how fast you can flick your wrist"

lol, what a thread!