ROUND 2: Jimmy Penguin Vs. Symatic

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which DJ do you think should win?

• Jimmy Penguin
    • Symatic

PLEASE NOTE - The poll attached to this thread is just for fun. The winner is decided solely by the judging panel in this round. Open discussion is allowed in this thread and please feel free to vote! A playlist of the videos is HERE. All competitors can set their videos to "public" on YouTube now.

Jimmy Penguin: -

Vs.

Symatic: -

I went for JP on this one, although I think you could argue that Sy's flow was better. Again, it's another stylistic choice I think. In a lot of JP's videos, he has a style that stands out from most other DJs.

Super close, almost too close to pick. Sy's flow was really nice as always, but I'm going to go with Jimmy because he showed a little bit more variety in technique. Also, points for the biggest beard...

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

So, if Symatic takes this round he will get a copy of Cadence With Rhythm & Flow, correct?

haha if i got it i would donate it to DJ tiesto......

yeah there are some actually insane videos in this battle, its awesome to see such a strong following for a underground battle!

I think jimmy totally kicks ass on this, faderless cuts are some of my favourite because.... well think about it, if you turned up to a battle and your fader broke and you murdered it with no fader.... YOU WOULD BE THE BADMAN!

but yeah i've always been a fan of his style, its kinda aggressive but subtle if thats possible.... he's someone who's done a lot of learning and less biting :)

• Like 1

aww difficult call - Sy's my mate - flow was ill and i especially like the needle dropping .. but i went for JP and for me i feel like he murked everyone in this round - there's a lot of original cuts / fresh rhythm in there.

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

aww difficult call - Sy's my mate - flow was ill and i especially like the needle dropping .. but i went for JP and for me i feel like he murked everyone in this round - there's a lot of original cuts / fresh rhythm in there.

Haha, this is basically the exact thoughts i had last night.

Soz, SY, i felt like a git for not voting for you, but we discussed Jimmy's sickness at SSS, so i know you understand.

This was the hardest one for me to call and I changed my mind time and time again.

I think eventually Jimmy just takes it on variety of cuts and his own very unique flow and style. I might change my mind on this later and regret my decision though... Sy's on fire at the moment and I never tire of hearing his cuts.

Two thoughts on this round overall...

The standards are so high that which ever way you vote in each match up, when you watch the one you didn't choose it makes no sense that it could have been beaten. It almost seems wrong to have to choose at all.

Also, with both this and the last round, what's really struck me is how important it is to have your own style. There are many, many sick cutters out there these days but the very top spots will always be occupied both those with their own distinct style. I suppose this has always been the case, but as general standards increase worldwide, I think it is becoming even more important.

Also, with both this and the last round, what's really struck me is how important it is to have your own style. There are many, many sick cutters out there these days but the very top spots will always be occupied both those with their own distinct style. I suppose this has always been the case, but as general standards increase worldwide, I think it is becoming even more important.

Totally

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

Exactly why jimmy deserves this one, his cuts are totally unique, technically advanced and really musical.

Im only in round 2 cos of the public vote anyway! :)

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

+1

Dude, you've got eleven peeps who think you are better, Sy

We all saw Manipulate going nuts to your cuts at the Scratch bbq. Music is subjective, music contests are daft from an ideological perspective, but all good fun.

Basically, I know you're devestated by my choice ;)

I was wondering if it's cos i've seen hours of Sy cutting and not Jimbo and that i'm used to his style so have less perspective and were more impressed by seeing someone i don't see much.

END STATEMENT: EVERYONE IN THE LAST EIGHT IS SUPER FUCKING GOOD AT SCRATCHING

Edit: Doob should be ashamed of not making the last two SSS! Jeez, it's only an expensive plane flight a few thousands of miles away! What a slacker.

Im only in round 2 cos of the public vote anyway! :)

That makes it sound like you won a consolation prize or something, lol. The competitors' opinions were not worth as much as the judges' opinions in terms of allocating points, but overall it doesn't make their opinions any less valid, particularly as you scored competitor points from some of the other top 8 guys. You earned your place in the top 8 fair and square mate!