UK IDA announce only UK Scratch Category will happen this year

Jon

I think IDA is more laissez-faire and their only responsibility is to send someone to the world finals.

One of the main sponsors at the local IDA last year was Serato, the main competitor of the World IDA's main sponsor, Traktor. So yeah...

• Like 1

Rockwell has summed it up best for me. It's really annoying to have shit loads going on in the uk scene (recognised globally) to then have some who doesn't scratch ( but will name drop his dj friends n the amount he's spent being their groupie) and is not involved in the scene or promoting the scene or doing any work in it or to find out about it , turn round n say there is no scene :-( in the name of fairness if someone can tell where Ida participates except on their own fb pages every now and again, I'll do this Ice bucket thing.

• Like 5

Good news lads! I've signed a sponsorship deal for next year's DV battle that will make IDA obsolete. I don't want to give too much away, but let's just say that everyone who enters the DV battle in 2015 will be getting a 500ml tub of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

• Like 7

Guest Symatic

Yeah basically that post is pretty out of order. They havend given anyone any prizes for the past few years ( ok we're not in it just for prizes but it does make a difference to come away with something after working hard on it like chile said earlier), the info is always last minute, if you win your prize is to pay for your own ticket and hotel in poland for the world final, and to top it all off here they are slagging everyone off!

Also moaning about not getting sponsors and no one giving them anything is not a good look.

Then they go on about how much effort they put in advertising.... Well if they are putting in effort it must be in the wrong place cos i didnt know about this till yesterday.

I think the guy tried to tag all the previous entrants but failed, all our names were in CAPS but he never put @ in front of the names so no one actually received the message, ad fail.

• Like 1

In a previous position I encouraged IDA to keep in touch for sponsorship opportunities when seeing them at BPM. We never heard from them again.

There are plenty of people on this board that have organised battles, jams, and events, including arranging sponsorship. I think all those people will be able to identify where things have gone wrong for IDA UK here. Rarely do things fall into your lap, especially when you're dealing with people who have other things constantly clawing for their attention.

If anyone from IDA is reading this, or anyone else that wants to set things up for that matter, one of the most important things I have learnt (and still continue to forget or compromise on) is FUNCTION OVER FORM. For example, holding up important information like deadlines, beats to be used, and rules because a promo video is late is the wrong move, even when the promo video is very pretty. I'm no project manager, but it is very important to lay out tasks, figure out dependencies, and ensure that the critical path from project start to project finish is indeed only filled with critical things. If you don't you will at best be inefficient and at worst you will fail.

• Like 3

Just to be clear, my previous rant was directed at GJiggly and IDA UK rather than all IDA affiliates and their main operation/contest in Poland.

Indeed, I've got a lot of respect for the main contest and would love to go to Krakow for it one year. Plus, there's a fair few things about it, like their attitude to live streaming and posting YouTube vids of the whole battle soon after that DMC could learn a thing or two from.

We have a lot of immensely brilliant Turntablists in the UK & IRELAND but when it comes to SERIOUSLY SUPPORTING THE NATIONAL MOVEMENT most seem to all of a sudden have amnesia and can't be bothered to get involved.

Apart from our great community here and regular meet ups.

Now I will categorically tell all of yous

Please don't say yous, it's annoying..

in that frame of mind that this is of detriment to yourself only as your NONE INVOLVEMENT means you get left completely behind/left in the dark

Battling may help motivate someone to stay upfront, but with the likes of youtube and tutorials, lack of practice or interest is the only thing to hold anyone back.

as all the other worldwide contributing/participating DJs & Crews move on and evolve into World Champions etc. "IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT"

They can't ALL be champions. Statistically there are more losers than champions.

As a Turntablist what have you achieved?

I can double click a clitty to orgasm in 2 mins flat.

Have you achieved your goals you set yourself when you started in this game?

When I started I wanted to scratch like DJ Hype. Did that in a couple of months. Now I'm just in it for the Bants. Aka The Arch Bishop of Banterbury

1) I'm not a Turntablist/DJ yet I've spent years of my time and money traveling the world to support your movement/this movement BECAUSE I'M PASSIONATE ABOUT IT. YOU MUST HAVE that desire to rule the world. If not you're in the wrong game. There's the door. OUT.

So a non-tablist is telling me to fuck off out the scene because I see no value in competition? seems legit.

2) In 2009 while filming the DMC World Finals at the O2 in London I met a on fire, wanting it more than any human in this universe DJ Mandrayq and mentored and traveled around Europe with him until he became the 2010 IDA World Champion MY OWN TIME...MY OWN MONEY...C O M M I T M E N T...that's what I do...I don't just talk the talk, I walk the walk***...I'll repeat "I'M NOT A TURNTABLIST/DJ" yet I commit 1,000,000%, 24/7/365, no pay to make this happen for yous.

2nd strike on the use of "yous".

3) I've also created a website as a kit supply and information resource for not only our National crew...YOUS

Surely there should be a fair use policy of the word yous. Than number should be 0 times ever.

Come on guys & dolls I need yous

:(

Collectively we need to sort this out as the young ones coming through will also be disenfranchised and loose interest which is not what this beautiful movement's about"

This is quite a nice statement.

***For those who don't know me and what I do; speak to your fellow turntablists that do..DJ RASP, LOOP SKYWALKER, PRO X FADE, DJ MANDRAYQ, JEPPA, DJ SWITCH, SHIFTEE, DJ DISECT, SPATS, BEATBOMBERS, ARKAEI, DJ NUCLEO, DJ FLY, NETIK, DJ CHEESE...dear I go on????

You dropped something there mate... (I'm referring to names if people don't get that joke)

Thank you all for reading this and speak to yous soon.

A well intended message I'm sure, but, as you instructed me before, wheres the door? I'm out.

• Like 3