ROUND 1 VIDEOS (open discussion allowed in this thread)

I cant watch any videos until im back on british soil. The wifi is pants here. Shame on all the non dv member entrants for being good scratchers but not being on the forum as active members. You know who you all are! Lazy ball bags :)

I wish good luck to all competitors ... is good to see that there are these little competitions that bring together these djs full of skillz.

Nice one man. I'm hoping we can turn this into an annual thing. Getting prizes is the hard part - I know people would still enter if there weren't prizes, but it's not the same without them, even though we obviously can't compete with the big battles in that respect.

Any feedback on the battle would be gratefully received BTW, good or bad. I want to try and iron out any kinks for next time. I should have made it more clear that this is open to everyone, not just DV members, cos I had a few messages asking me about that, but if there's anything that you guys can think of that we should refine/change if we do this again (which we almost certainly will), let me know.

I wish good luck to all competitors ... is good to see that there are these little competitions that bring together these djs full of skillz.

Nice one man. I'm hoping we can turn this into an annual thing. Getting prizes is the hard part - I know people would still enter if there weren't prizes, but it's not the same without them, even though we obviously can't compete with the big battles in that respect.

Any feedback on the battle would be gratefully received BTW, good or bad. I want to try and iron out any kinks for next time. I should have made it more clear that this is open to everyone, not just DV members, cos I had a few messages asking me about that, but if there's anything that you guys can think of that we should refine/change if we do this again (which we almost certainly will), let me know.

I like how you have all the vids in a playlist. It works out well like that because it puts all the dj's competing in one place to view at one time. I did online DMC and it was a mess in my opinion. Maybe in the future the battle could have it's very own domain. That would be one way for people outside of DV to feel more welcomed and not question their right to participate in the battle.

On a side note... My girl watched all the videos with me and she said that I am the absolute best. So ya'll better vote me into round 2 or she's gonna be pissed. You don't wanna see her when she gets upset! :ph34r:

• Like 2

Haha, cheers mate. Having a dedicated website for it is definitely something I would consider. I nearly did it this year, but it was too late to sort something good out.

Whether we do this as an ongoing thing depends on 3 things really: -

1. The DJs who entered this year being happy with the format, although we can certainly make changes to it.

2. Getting sponsorship for prizes (the hard part).

3. If 2 is not possible, whether DJs would still bother with this if there weren't any prizes, or if the prizes were just small token gestures.

We'll definitely do this again next year though!

As for DMC Online, I can see why the do what they do. They're a company that sells products and they also have big name sponsors, so the public voting system kinda forces DJs to do marketing for them, albeit indirectly. Same with the website, as they want you to go there rather than watching on YouTube. But if you win that, you get prizes worth a few grand and it raises awareness of who you are. If you win this, you get a couple of hundred quids' worth of prizes and that's it, haha, but at least that means we can try and have a format that is purely competitor-focussed without having to worry too much about marketing bollocks.

• Like 1

dayyyym.

nice work everyone.

sorry i didnt enter - i went on hols and realised too late i would still be away for the deadline. just as well really as theres some serious cuts going on here!

i just got back and watched everyones vids. I'm rating (in no order) Backtrack, IQ, Fakser, Jesuskut, P-Nuts and Dopez (even though he's secretly been scratching for 20yrs and has plastic surgery to make himself look younger)

i also liked JamOne, Besh and FlipFlop

biggups to everyone for making this successful!

• 1 month later...
Guest petesasqwax

Chin Machine!!!!! Fakser!!! IQ!!! Jesuskut!! Mighty Atom!

Really inspiring guys, need to get back on the cut after seein these

^ this!!