Jon1st - DMC Online Final Routine 2013 feat. Sheldon Cooper

Jon

jons set is dope, i've seen i though its evolution from random juggle into full blown routine and i can still watch it all the through and be like DAMN ! it ticks every DMC box, including the " amazing new trick/style to change the battle game " box which only legends pull off (like craze's dnb or netiks euro style) ...well i guess only time will tell on that one ..... of course i'm mad proud of what he's done :-P mandem worx harddddd and is getting well deserved payback , ive not met anyone that puts in the hours like Jon.

For reals, how many hours you practice each week Jon?

Outside of battling I just have a cut now and then these days, unless I'm wanting to learn something new. Only a couple of hours a week but I cut when I play out too. I mainly practice mixes, dig for more music and usually have a mix project on the go at the moment to work on.

For this year's dmc, like vekked said, my mixer was broken for 2 months and i didn't have a fully working mixer at home during that period. Before then I had some patterns for the fatherless routine (the house one) down and the cue point drumming for shutterbug, the rest I wrote and planned during my 2 months without a mixer and then put into practice and learned in the 6 weeks before the uk final. I wasn't super tight with it then though, but practiced and filmed (unsuccessfully a lot of the time, I actually managed to get this take on the day of submission and I'm not 100% happy with it if I'm brutally honest) for the past 2 weeks to film for dmc online. I find I have my most creative ideas for routines when I'm away from decks :) During the time I had decks during the routine developing period I would be practicing 4-8 hours a day on average.

I'm pretty sure Vekked's going to take this, but I'm going to be practicing tonnes just in case as I'd need to get this insanely tight if I did go through to the finals. I can't comprehend actually winning at the moment and don't want to think about it as I don't want to get my hopes up ha :)

I'm pretty sure Vekked's going to take this, but I'm going to be practicing tonnes just in case as I'd need to get this insanely tight if I did go through to the finals. I can't comprehend actually winning at the moment and don't want to think about it as I don't want to get my hopes up ha :)

If u don't win I'm going to open up my mixer and puke in it.

• Like 1

Jon - a guy I know posted your set on my Facebook wall, saying it reminded him of me, which I took as a huge compliment (but is grossly overestimating my abilities)

Ok we can stop now or Jon's ego is going to inflate to Rucker proportions.