Congrats broke!

Bubba

comin to show the youngsters how they did it in the 80s eh?

had no clue you were planning to battle, how many go to the Aussie finals? congrats sir

Thanks Vek. There are seven states but I'm not sure if there's a comp in every state. Six DJs maybe?

U guys should've seen it. Broke lay down a craze moment. Everyone before him was sooo crap and all of them thought they were really good. Then broke steps up, the mc says: ah, he ain't affiliated with anyone...no crew? And mr broke says nothing, puts the cap down over his face and lays down a fucking heavy and tight set. The face of last years champion was just: OMG! Seriously skilled dude taking all of them sucket djs to school. Nice!!!

U guys should've seen it. Broke lay down a craze moment. Everyone before him was sooo crap and all of them thought they were really good. Then broke steps up, the mc says: ah, he ain't affiliated with anyone...no crew? And mr broke says nothing, puts the cap down over his face and lays down a fucking heavy and tight set. The face of last years champion was just: OMG! Seriously skilled dude taking all of them sucket djs to school. Nice!!!

That photographer was using a flash in everyone's faces so i thought cap down would be a safe bet.

To be fair, there were some talented DJs there. And a few technical issues. You know how it is, at a lot of battles there's usually one good set of decks and one shitty set. But yeah, big up to everyone who gets involved.

Bubba you should come down to Melbourne with us, it's a great city.

I'll be honest with u. There were some skills around, no doubt. And i don't want to hate too much, because i couldn't have put together a set st all. But most of the guys were doing stuff from the mid 90s. The guy who came second had raidas bodytricks locked down, so props to him. Clockwerk wasn't too bad either, but between your set and the others there were probably 2 decades of progression. I looked at the judges too. They were fucking around most of the night, but within 10s of your set they were all like "shit, this the real deal".

Melbourne would be great. Of course i got my dates all wrong again, and izzy's here. Are u driving down or flying? Got see if our budget allows for it tho. But if the rest of oz is like what i've seen in sydney, i wouldnt want to miss seeing u take the national title...like stealing candy from a baby.

Congrats Broke! For some reason I didn't really put two and two together when I saw that 'Broke' won the NSW finals. :wacko:

I'll see you down here in Melbourne for the finals - good luck! I'll come say hello on the night.

Let me know if you need somewhere to crash too.

Melbourne would be great. Of course i got my dates all wrong again, and izzy's here. Are u driving down or flying? Got see if our budget allows for it tho. But if the rest of oz is like what i've seen in sydney, i wouldnt want to miss seeing u take the national title...like stealing candy from a baby.

LOL you really need need to use your phone's calendar app or something. From what I know, the standard in Melbourne and also Adelaide has been pretty high in the past. And you'd know about Zeke from WA... I don't think he's battling, but yeah, the other states have some good DJs for sure.

how long you been working on your set broke? was it a last minute thing or you been in the lab?

and on a scale from 1 to 6 (minutes) how much of your set did you have reverb turned on full?

I probably locked it down to a final version about six weeks ago. I wouldn't call it last minute - there's definitely been some time in the lab - but it's not all 100% new material. You've heard one juggle on PalTalk, put it that way.

Reverb up to 11.