2 voice freestyle video

Guest broke

To be honest, I watched it and still wondered what you meant by 'two voice' because I didn't read the info. It didn't matter at all, what with all the dopeness and everything

• Like 1

Thanks for checking guys. Yeah I think on the soundcloud 2 voice practice it comes off a bit more distinct than this one which was trying to show off a bit more but because of that i got caught up a bit more in the technique at parts. Still early days with it really. Eventually I'd like to sound like two scratchers with their own preferences, funk and technical limitations.. kinda fun messing around with it in a sort of schizophrenic manner. It introduces some cool ways of thinking about the overall structure used in a freestyle as you can play things against each other.. fast/slow, newskool/oldskool, sharper/softer sounds, very straight rhythms/cross rhythms

Cool cuts and cat!

Once again, I recommend the Call me, I'm hot, horny and barely legal Breaks - there's a Q&A instrumental on it with the beat switching every four bars. The one that begins with "What you say to each other when you're playing on your instruments? - Uhm, fuck you, you dreary motherfucker... you son of a bitch"

• Like 1

thanks all for the nice things said. been practicing it more lately and will have another vid attempt up at some point soon. nice funky cuts too supa. i wanna try edit freestyles at some point.. fong fong and kurteek really taken it to a crazy level with the quick editting.. ive tried that out before and ended up not being able to piece things together to sound coherant. with this though i'm more after trying to do everything in one take since id like to eventually do it live