EDM DJs = CUNTS

Steve

Hanging around on DJ Forums, I have noticed a trend in the last year or so when it comes to so-called well-known EDM DJs: -

1. More EDM DJs being caught miming to pre-recorded mixes at gigs.

2. EDM DJs slagging each other off publicly in interviews or on Twitter/Facebook. This seems to be a weekly occurrence at the moment.

3. EDM DJs whining about the state of EDM, despite the fact they also completely sold out and stopped playing techno/trance/whatever and switched to playing/producing current electro house shite that seems popular with the kids.

4. EDM DJs claiming they don't care about things like the DJ Mag Top 100 poll, when the articles they're writing are very thinly disguised "vote for me!!!!!!" attempts. "Oh hey guys, here's a video of me mocking the polls and how ghey they are, but do vote for me now, won't you?" - TWATS.

Just typing "EDM" so much makes me want to vomit to be fair. Facking cants!

• Like 2

hi steve,

Pub here.

What is EDM exactly? Is it the new name for Euro-house? Like what Eiffel65 used to do.

Some wank rapper covered "blue" by them recently. I heard it in a shop.

All the best to you and yours this yule.

Pub

• Like 1

Guest broke

Is EDM what we used to call 'dance music' ie house?

Pretty much... The term 'EDM' comes from the US and is basically a broad rebranding of club-oriented electronic music (house, techno, trance, whatever...)

Pretty much... The term 'EDM' comes from the US and is basically a broad rebranding of club-oriented electronic music (house, techno, trance, whatever...)

aaahh...flat cap wearing, jewellery wearing, fist pumping cunts then.

Guest broke

I'm not sure you're using the term flat cap correctly

[image link removed because: NO M#@$!%ING HOTLINKING, YO!]

That's a flat cap

Did you mean a fitted hat with a flat brim?

I'm not sure you're using the term flat cap correctly

[image link removed because: NO M#@$!%ING HOTLINKING, YO!]

That's a flat cap

Did you mean a fitted hat with a flat brim?

I'm using the term correctly, because that's a flat cap. ???

Aaah, now I see. I would call that a cap that various types wear: hip hop, dnb, skating etc blah blah.

Flat caps, as far as I'm aware, are worn by shepherds, gypsys and EDM DJ's.

Yeh flat cap is a farmer thing. what broke just put up is what i thought was known as a flat peak.

Flat brim caps (what we call em in the states) are ok as long as you abide by the following rules:

1) Stickers must be removed before wearing (exceptions allowed for anyone actually from the projects)

2) No snapbacks

Any snapback must be a regular shaped brim.

Yep this, it's the US mainstream dance scene. Stuff like Deadmau5, Swedish House Mafia, Major Lazer, David Guetta, Avicii etc accompanied with bros holding glowsticks and DJs throwing cake at people. Obviously there's tonnes of club music made in the US that is dope and original too but 'EDM' tends to be thrown about with the more mainstream sound rather than the more underground stuff.

Ooh fuck the mask slipped a bit there

Just as I was thinking your writing style was somewhat familiar... can't think where from though. You weren't ever in Buffy were you?

hi rock,

Queen of DV Pub here.

I was not in Buffy the main series but an old boyfriend did once pull a beastly trick on me and videotaped us doing allsorts, then sent the videos to a man on the internet who put them online so...you might know me from those gifs.

• 5 weeks later...

http://i.imgur.com/5CE4TXS.jpg

Ok...if u know me I'm far from a hater...I don't even tell people what I DON'T like..I respect anyone who wants to be a DJ of any kind...u don't have to be a super great dj...just try...but the 1 thing that I will absolutely HATE ON IS FAKING IT!!!! My good friend and Great Dj @skratchbastid saw these guys playing there whole set internally on there computer and were FAKING turning knobs and searching for songs while there whole set was PRE RECORDED...NOT COOL TO ME...How would u feel going to a LAKERS Game n finding out they were faking...or Jay Z n Justin Timberlake faked there tour??? Djs including myself work too hard to except this and I wanna personally say...NOT COOL @DVBBS...u guys may make great tunes but FAKE DJING IS NOT COOL!!!!

http://instagram.com/p/dbobn0MLPX/#

I guess auto-syncing tracks that are all within 2 BPM of each other anyway was too much for these guys.