Best ambidextrous scratchers?

Vekked

Who are the bestest? Try to rank them by closeness in skill between their weak and strong side, then how good they are overall.

Damn close to full ambidextrous:

1. Craze

2. Troubl

3. Prime Cuts

4. Precision

5. Hi-C

6. Netik

7. Slyce

8. Fascinate

9. SPS

10. Lil Jaz

Guys who can clearly cut on both sides but obviously stronger on 1 side:

Fly, Ligone, Shub, Kico, Graded

That's all I can think of off hand for battle DJs. There's a few others who I think can cut at a decent level on their weak side but nothing close to their strong side like Klever, A-trak, Vajra and Tigerstyle.

I also reckon from what I've seen Eric should be up there probably somewhere between maybe between Hi-C and Netik or higher.

Who else is missing? Anyone deserve to be higher or lower?

i was thinkin this a while ago, and i'd say troubl is better than craze on both sides...

craze has some of the funk, but i wouldn't say he's nearly as technical as troubl

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Bony Vegas was pretty good on both sides when Assembly Worker got him down to do a workshop in about 2002-3. Also he said that Prime Cuts could do chirps on one side, fyi, but that was then.

dj eprom is definitely missing on that list in my opinion! i don't know where to place him (i guess that's partly a question of personal taste) - i would probably place him on the 1st rank. in the video below it is actually really hard to make out which one is his strong side and which his weak.

• Like 1

+1 for Eprom, I'm awful for forgetting him... he's definitely top 3 from the people I got. I'd put Eko in the same league with Fly, Ligone, etc, where he can definitely cut with his weak hand but it's not half as good as his strong one. Gotta re-evaluate my rankings.

Guest Symatic

ericuk?

#gotyourbackbro

I also reckon from what I've seen Eric should be up there probably somewhere between maybe between Hi-C and Netik or higher.

dude that's like on the 10th line or something - what is this, English Lit?

Ok updated Ambidex World rankings with some examples, feel free to debate me on some of the order. Ranked based on strength of their weak hand irrelevant of how strong their best hand is (I dunno, figured that's the best way to decide how ambidextrous someone is?).

1. Netik (weak hand left on record)

2. Eprom (weak hand left on record)

3. Craze (weak hand right on record)

4. Hi-C (weak hand left on record)

5. Prime Cuts (weak hand right on record):

6. Troubl (weak hand right on record):

7. Ericuk (weak hand left on record):

8. Slyce (weak hand left on record):

9. Fascinate (weak hand left on record):

10. SPS (weak hand left on record):

Guest broke

I would've said Eprom, Troubl, Netik and given Eric an honourable mention. The whole rankings thing is kinda retarded and it's almost pointless just judging from battles and YouTube clips. Is this for your tablist site or something?

I just checked out his more recent stuff and I was a tiny bit disappointed.

aside from his electro-y stuff I think he still kills it... his transitions in this routine were kinda meh, but his Made You Look, that dancehall track, and the System of a Down juggles were all heat. He killed Supreme in the last Gong battle as well which was pretty funny. I think it's online somewhere.

That was the routine I watched. I might have to peep it again. I just remember he was fresh back in the late 90's. the first video you posted was to me, his golden era and I enjoyed it straight away and to the end. It captured a time that I was into watching the battles and still learning. He killed billie jean, David bowies let's dance... And he was a good scratcher at the time too.

When I watched the newer video posted, he seemed to have the same patterns/techniques. I don't know why I felt more judgemental. Maybe I was hoping that he would have developed further. Maybe my expectations have been ruined by all the custom record routines of the modern day where everything is clean and metronome perfect?

Overall the routine isn't amazing but he still has some killer juggles, still flipping weird tracks like the dancehall track and system of a down. His cuts def aren't up to date really but I think he's one of the GOAT jugglers and I wouldn't wanna fuck with him in a head to head battle, lol.

Holy Shit, I just watched Slyce's 1999 USA Finals set and the battle sentence juggle at 4:42 was insane. It was the most beautiful arrangement of random sounds I've ever heard. His Wild Wild West Juggle was icing as well!

• 3 weeks later...