Congrats Vekked 2012 IDA world champ :)

chile

crazyyyy, lol, that's all I can say. The IDA prelim is the most intense round of any battle... and IDA as a whole is run very well, DMC should definitely take some notes on a lot of things... I could see IDA doing some big things if they tighten up a few things. One of the main things I noticed was that the entire crowd was like 20-25 years old... super young, and the place was nearly packed. They're doing something right for sure. And Ritchie Ruftone is the man. Scottish people drunk >>>>>

And thanks guys :d

• Like 3

I watched some of it earlier but got bored and actually missed vekkeds set.. anyone record it?

Anyone congrats man!

Same here!

Congrats Vekked! Hope somebody recorded it!

Guest loop skywalker

Well done Vekked...IDA world finals are immense...and the preliminary round was pretty tough to call..i could only put 2 definites through on my drunken score sheet at home..Ritchie and Vekked. I thought Bicchio was really good too.

Glad that you have expereinced the magic of IDA..how pro are the stage guys? Hopefully this will stave off any more doubt about the IDA future..its early days but i think they are going in the right direction.

Congrats again Vekked...enjoyed your confidence as much as your sets.

• Like 1

Well done Vekked...IDA world finals are immense...and the preliminary round was pretty tough to call..i could only put 2 definites through on my drunken score sheet at home..Ritchie and Vekked. I thought Bicchio was really good too.

Glad that you have expereinced the magic of IDA..how pro are the stage guys? Hopefully this will stave off any more doubt about the IDA future..its early days but i think they are going in the right direction.

Congrats again Vekked...enjoyed your confidence as much as your sets.

yea man, I thought Ruftone was 1st but I couldn't call the rest... I think S-trix should've made it maybe (his set was noisy, but had some pretty technical parts... enough to be top 4 I think). There were 4-5 guys I think could've been there instead of Odilon/Topic (not that they didn't deserve it, but it was just that close). I seriously thought I didn't make it past eliminations when they announced 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and I was like wow S-Trix got 1st and I didn't make it. Definitely think the judging panel was a particularly good one for my style, I wasn't sure before if they'd be favouring euro/electronic type style more being that it was an all european panel.

The stage guys are AMAZING. They knew how to work Serato and the gear probably better than the DJs. It's definitely a breath of fresh air to have a team helping you setup in like 1 minute instead of having to do it all yourself and have organizers get upset that you're taking so long... other battles should definitely take notes on that... helping DJs set up >>>> waiting and getting mad at them.

I never "doubted" IDA, whatever criticism I had still holds true: the countries need to be on par with the world final. The world finals was amazingly organized, but the fact is that nearly every country did something completely different (Canada: changed the number of rounds/round length, Italy: online video battle, UK: hand picked their reps, Germany: traditional IDA battle, etc etc). Obviously there's explanations for this stuff, but I think pulling the reins in on the individual countries will be the best thing they can do for the organization. Make everything run as close to IDA World as possible... there's no real reason to have things like different formats/categories from country to country. If they can do that, I think I'd be hard pressed to find something better about DMC from an organizational standpoint other than it's older/historical. I hope you guys do it up and set the standard for other countries next year... IDA has potential to get really big.

A new ray of sun has fallen on your life, the ray of a cute little ida world title; yes it is your ̶n̶̶e̶̶w̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶b̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶i̶̶r̶̶l̶ own achievement! Let the ray of sun be there forever. Long live t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶k̶̶i̶̶d̶ Vekked! Congratulations!

bootleg of my elim set, check how crazy the setup is there with the screen and stuff:

wasn't quite as shitty as I thought I guess, hit some of the wrong parts at the very end with the loop roll and my beat cuts were whatever in my scratch routine but nothing major.