9th - Damented (Belgium)

10th - A-Kut (Switzerland)

11th - BTwo (Australia)

12th - Mike One (Czech/Slovak)

Solo: -

1st - Izoh (Japan)

2nd - Precision (USA)

3rd - Ritchie Ruftone (UK)

I was really happy with my elim, nearly nailed it. High standard this year for sure. Izoh and precision both killed the elim, can't really choose between them, would have too watch it again. Izoh was doing done crazy tone stuff, it sounded dope but honestly I couldn't even tell what was going on, lol. He was using both pitch faders and doing like a tone/beat routine but it somehow wasn't going off beat. Def wanna see it again and try to understand it, lol, looked crazy at least but could've been mostly showmanship. Highlight was precisions scratch routine... Very cool flip of an old school style cut routine. Great use of effects for sure.

My review:

Izoh and Ruftone were the only big dawgs to come clean... they had to place. There was a lot of tech issues or mistakes this year with the better guys I think which was unfortunate... the shit DMC decks def don't help. Precision probably had the best set in theory, but it was a bit sloppy, and Izoh nailed his set... it's hard to put anyone ahead of him that didn't come clean.

For my own set I was pretty happy overall. I didn't think I had any chance of placing because I had a pretty significant needle skip 3/4 the way through that shifted my cue points, so I had like 10-15 seconds of slop/recovery to re-learn where my marks were supposed to be. Kinda sucked but I think I dealt with it pretty good considering. Even if I nailed my set I'm not sure if I would've placed... I think I won a lot of the crowd over though and at least made my mark... I think even without the Supremacy last night I would've exceeded my own expectations... so no complaints here.

Overall the level of competition was the highest it's been in years, but it seemed like a lot DJs were having issues which brought it down a bit.

Low level for the teams. And in my opinion, supremacy and teams are just something not necessary for this competition. Only the 6 mins world champion really get benefits from his victory, people forget the rest, especialy sponsors forget, etc.

But if you wan't to battle just for battling and having fun, OK, why not, it's fun.

Vek was on top form!!!

As a long-time fan of Izoh, I have to say his routine yesterday was absolute garbage. I couldn't believe he could go that low. Not a second of his routine was pleasing to the ears, but just noise. He must've been really uninformed about what the music scene is like in the UK, because he was using shit dubstep and drumstep, which was also the case for most of the other entrants. People don't listen to that shit any more, they listen to like Mumford & Sons! Do your fucking research, not work on some stupid prejudice.

Precision, despite being one of the sickest jugglers in the world, resorted to effects on the rane and the juggle patterns were really simple, way below his usual level. The beats he used were boring, but at least they weren't dubstep.

I didn't like Ruftone. The scratches were boring. He's basically not doing anything but releasing the pre-programmed melody for the Star Wars routine. And I can't remember any of his juggles because they were so unmemorable. He may have been the one to juggle Sweet Shop, which was noisy shit.

Basically, my opinion of the night is that it was hella NOISY. For me, the evening was (1) waiting to hear Vek's set; and after that (2) staying on only to hear the results. All the shit in between made me so un-fucking-comfortable I wanted to just leave the venue.

Seriously, DMC is fucked up. If people like Vek and Jon can't win, and Izoh's routine gets the 1st place, either the judges are really fucking stupid or it's rigged from the start.

• Like 1

Guest loop skywalker

Vekked...i want gradings..your review was -z

Dmc will always have issues with equipment because they really dont give a fuck.

Vekked...enter the IDA...if you get to Krakow you will be amazed by the tech guys and the set up..they fucking rule when it comes to staging shows.

By all accounts though dmc did sound a very good standard this year.

Cable...why the fuck didnt you and the flids enter the teams?

Guest loop skywalker

Le Jad..not to pick an argument with you..but i think 6 mins is too long..give them 4 mins max..it takes a lot of concentration to keep watching the solos.I like the supremacy battle...i would rather see that than the 6 mins..but thats just my opinion. ( i am a god though haha)

Le Jad..not to pick an argument with you..but i think 6 mins is too long..give them 4 mins max..it takes a lot of concentration to keep watching the solos.I like the supremacy battle...i would rather see that than the 6 mins..but thats just my opinion. ( i am a god though haha)

Well, I think you're right, but all is too long, 1 day of competition should be far enough. But what can the DMC say? the level isn't that good so we think now that we have to make the even shorter? it would say: you turntablists who make our event live, you're not that good so...

It's like the showcases... fly one year, then another year, then Qbert how much time? there's nothing interesting that could be pleasant?

All those problems + many things change at the moment with DVS, FX, etc. All what I see is that many turntablists are still very motivated, wich should make us be happy in a way.

Vek was on top form!!!

As a long-time fan of Izoh, I have to say his routine yesterday was absolute garbage. I couldn't believe he could go that low. Not a second of his routine was pleasing to the ears, but just noise. He must've been really uninformed about what the music scene is like in the UK, because he was using shit dubstep and drumstep, which was also the case for most of the other entrants. People don't listen to that shit any more, they listen to like Mumford & Sons! Do your fucking research, not work on some stupid prejudice.

Precision, despite being one of the sickest jugglers in the world, resorted to effects on the rane and the juggle patterns were really simple, way below his usual level. The beats he used were boring, but at least they weren't dubstep.

I didn't like Ruftone. The scratches were boring. He's basically not doing anything but releasing the pre-programmed melody for the Star Wars routine. And I can't remember any of his juggles because they were so unmemorable. He may have been the one to juggle Sweet Shop, which was noisy shit.

Basically, my opinion of the night is that it was hella NOISY. For me, the evening was (1) waiting to hear Vek's set; and after that (2) staying on only to hear the results. All the shit in between made me so un-fucking-comfortable I wanted to just leave the venue.

Seriously, DMC is fucked up. If people like Vek and Jon can't win, and Izoh's routine gets the 1st place, either the judges are really fucking stupid or it's rigged from the start.

I've still got that reaction photo of you when Izoh won :d Did you get to Vek's ok last night man? Sorry I was a bit quiet, was hella tired!

I thought Vekked was going to place but I also had Izoh, Precision and Richie in my top 5. I preferred Precision's set to Izoh's but it didn't have as much impact, and like Yoshi said I was expecting a next level juggling section, but his routine was really nice and innovative from a dmc stand point, def made the most of the 57's midi capabilities more than anyone else!

Cable...why the fuck didnt you and the flids enter the teams?

Ahh man, I've been hella busy this year... I know Tony's been all over the gaff Dj-ing too. I think the only real free time we all had was probably 2 weeks before the world final....Hashing a routine together within a fortnight wouldn't have worked, sadly.

I still want to do it though, just a case of working way in advance, rather than leaving it till the last minute (which me, Phil & Tony have a habit of doing, haha!)

Did you go to the Finals?