DV Juggle Battle #1  

18 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner is...

• Broke
    • djdiggla
    • Elgee
    • Symatic
    • Vekked

I just bought a new webcam so I'll do a real file for the next battle, if we ever have one.

Next battle starts July 1, I think it'll just be open format again like this one, then consider adding rules next time if there's enough participation... if not just keep doing no rules.

Guest Symatic

i went for broke, but elgee had lots of different styles which were pretty sick. Vekked's was also really good but i gave it to broke as it came accross as tighter overall.

Diggla gets bonus points for getting his belly involved though

yeh man

broke's was top, altho i cant help but feel it'd be better if i could see some glow stick style laces in his shoes.

and he gets props for the 1994 effect he used on the vid.

liked the how laid back feel of Sy's and also as i generally bum him i couldnt not bring his name up again.

Vekked, yours annoyed me as it only came out of my right speaker in my headphones. Sort out your stereo son!

and wicked job to the others for bothering to enter.

im voting for Broke, your prize? you're added to my 'you could be my real life friend' list.

vekked was easily the most tight,most interesting for me,although i didnt like the beat if im totally honest but nice skills vek, i also think a lil over a minute aint enuff imo

really good standard overall in this. I ended up going with broke. Really liked symatics, elgees and vekkeds ones too though. I'll try enter this in future although I'm nowhere near you guys standards

Vekked, yours annoyed me as it only came out of my right speaker in my headphones. Sort out your stereo son!

and wicked job to the others for bothering to enter.

ahh fml, yea didn't realize that, wonder why that's happening...

diggla - I liked the breakdown from middle-end, def my fav part of the juggle. I think if you're gonna do body tricks you need a proper angle, it's kinda hard to appreciate them if you can't be seen that much, lol. Also line in would be good for better audio in a perfect world.

Symatic - really chill beat. What you were doing was really clean and on point, I think the next step if getting some more patterns under your belt. You could try working out more variations of the stuff you were doing around 0:35 (best part of the juggle imo), or move into tapping/chasing.

Not gonna critic broke/elgee cuz they both used old juggles, doesn't really reflect where they at now, lol.

Going with elgee on this one cuz his patterns were more diverse and his juggle was more pattern-driven... got more technical as he went along while keeping the same rhythm. Hard to tell from the angle but around 0:35 there's some cool stuff with the right hand staying on the record the whole time and the left working both the fader/left turntable.

Guest Symatic

i liked yours vek, but i reckon the stuff you do with the up faders could be tighter - i think you're trying to get like double hits using the ups at around 25, right? to me they sounded like it just mutes for a split second or the sound just cuts out or something, so if you could get those tight that would be dope. but im just nit picking, it was overall really good. i liked the beat as a battle beat too cos its big and dramatic

i liked yours vek, but i reckon the stuff you do with the up faders could be tighter - i think you're trying to get like double hits using the ups at around 25, right? to me they sounded like it just mutes for a split second or the sound just cuts out or something, so if you could get those tight that would be dope. but im just nit picking, it was overall really good. i liked the beat as a battle beat too cos its big and dramatic

word thanks Sym, yea I'll work on cleaning up the ups stuff, it's my weak side I have the most trouble with... I can do them decently by themselves but in the context of the routine I mess em up cuz it's a quick switch to the upfaders. Thanks for the feedback!

cheers for the positivity big V, i really wanna get back into juggling but find it so hard to get the time

to practice nowdays.

ill try a to do something new if i can for the next battle as the rest of you

actually went to the effort of doing something new.

all you guys vids were cool, big ups.

All good juggles. I voted Vekked but next time another 30 seconds and a left audio channel would be nice. Also, when it ends it sounds ripe to drop into a different pattern with the next section of the record.

LOL yea fml no clue how I didn't notice before I uploaded it. Good looking on the suggestion, I'll play with it.

My three favorite in no specific order were Pekked, Symatic and Elgee. It was a tuff choice for me but I picked Elgee. I liked his juggle and it seemed really on point. Symatic was lovely and Pekked is always nice, so it was hard picking one.

Guest broke

I wanted to vote for Vek because the skills were there, but I'm not a fan of tracks that use that classical/orchestral sound.

I wanted to vote for Vek because the skills were there, but I'm not a fan of tracks that use that classical/orchestral sound.

Are you a fan of the GOONIES? (cuz that's the theme song from the movie...)

Guest broke

Are you a fan of the GOONIES? (cuz that's the theme song from the movie...)

I'm not sure I've seen it the whole way through. We've got the DVD at home. I might have seen it when I was a kid but I don't remember.