SuperScratchSunday_June2012

Jimmy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say? I'm an attention whore.

I emailed russ after I posted here to say "I'm on the game" if we all going because me not knew that mans had arranged a ting.

It would be even better if Motek could come for the car ride :wub:

thanks for putting the effort in, much appreciated.

SSS has definitely helped us sort our shit out, we should be thanking you as we didn't even have a kettle down there a few months back! Massive shame Symatic and Yoshi are looking doubtful, was looking forward to hearing there cuts on a big rig.

Edited by Dubba Dutchdj

Well Russ said he was gonna give us a lift but then Erik said the above, so obviously we were like "eh?"

He may have told me he was driving you mans, but his messages can be a little cryptic. #notmyfault

So... tomorrow!

My number is 07891 856037 and Paul's is 07714 435798 - probably best to call one of us when you get to Rye and we can explain how to get to our studio and show you where to park.

We've got room for 10 setups on our table and although we've got just enough decks and mixers, you're welcome to bring your own for personal preference and a couple of spares is never a bad idea.

Please bring your own records, slipmats, needles and headphones... and if it's no trouble to bring an extra phono cable and power lead, that would be good too. If anybody can't bring anything with them, don't worry - we'll figure it out.

I'm going to do a Bar-B-Q whatever the weather, so food is sorted.

For those who can make it, it should be worth the trip. We've been working hard all week to get it up to snuff - there's one big bench we can all stand round and between the PA system and studio monitors, it sounds pretty good... and loud, if you like that kind of thing? Apart from the deck/mixer setups, there will be a couple of Maschines, a drum kit and a dodgy old synth for anyone whose interested. Plus all the mundane stuff like a fridge, a kettle, 3 sofas and table football are also covered.

Hopefully, there should also be video camera pointed at the decks table with an audio feed straight from the master mixer (no talking or echoey sound!)

Bring cameras too, cos it looks pretty cool!

. We've been working hard all week to get it up to snuff -

"We've" been working hard all week?! That message was the first finger you lifted! ;)

it's looking fooking beautiful even if I do say so may self. Hope everyone has a good journey down, the awesome scratch pad studio shaped reward at the end will be worth the drive!

If anybodys got some fat beats they've been longing to hear/kut too on a big bass laden system please please bring it with you wether it's on good ol vinyl or USB. It'll be nice to hear/kut to a few personal favourites.

And just to repeat a part of what Matt/Rockwell says, if your bringing a mixer please bring Phono/RCA lead with ya too.

Also if you wanna make landing a bit easier your welcome to prime us via text when ya sat nav tells ya your minus 20mins to arrival and/or as Matt says call when you arrive

Matt 07891 856037

or

myself 07714 435798

That was big!

cant thank the Hastings boys enough for the effort that they put in to the studio & set ups. Never thought SSS would end up as good as that.

a proper way to celebrate reaching double figures!

Cheers again boys and thanks to everyone who made the effort to come down. Need to give a special thanks to Russ & eric for driving me and doob as we go back pretty late and the rain was mental on motorway.

Pats on the backs all round, Matt and I was down there earlier to pack some bits up and you'd never tell it happened thanks to the respect the place was shown, all we gotta do is wash some cups.

I gotta say I loved everybody's first reactions to seeing the scratch studio. Just wish I could of got my head in the game and properly relax, big week at work, studio finishing touches, computer migration failure all mixed up with SSS hosting child like excitement seems to be a perfect cocktail to disconnect my hands from my brain.

Is it just me or does SSS zap some serious brain juice?!

Edited by Dubba Dutchdj

thanks paul was a great day , you guys were super hosts and the scratch lair is just plain ridiculous. Russ has put the photos up on FB so hopefully some of the studio will make their way here ;-)

Beef Buggers were BIG IN THE GAME.

I even slipped some Trenton and BBQ source in there.

Washed down with a builders brew.

Made the 6 hour round trip a worth while one!

Would deffo go back again.