2012 DMC Online Round 1

Vekked

I'm finding the site much harder to navigate this year and find the good vids. I liked last year when you could browse by different categories like country and stuff. Anyways, post up the good vids.

Got plug our boy Jon1st:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ox_-2ZPj4

For me the highlight so far has been Image's routine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDqQogv0zDw

Up until ~0:55 I was like aight... then at the double brake pattern I was like nice this is cool, then after the "spent too much time in the studio" drop, I was like :o!! That beat cut/transform pattern is insano.

i was considering entering but as yet i still have no turntables, and i'm not on facebook or twitter so promoting myself would probably be a lost cause.

I dont get it why the dude drops the sample about people spending time making up their tracks and not on skills, when he obviously is churning out the same shite himself, granted its mildly bettter shite than most.

at least jon is juggling an actual tune... although why the rock love i don't know...

you should have entered with the Durex routine...

I dont get it why the dude drops the sample about people spending time making up their tracks and not on skills, when he obviously is churning out the same shite himself, granted its mildly bettter shite than most.

at least jon is juggling an actual tune... although why the rock love i don't know...

you should have entered with the Durex routine...

I get what you're saying, but I think the point is that most guys juggles these days are chopped up songs and they're just piecing them back together with soft pattern, and image ripped a fkin crazy pattern after he dropped that. He's using a real tune too fwiw.

I get what you're saying, but I think the point is that most guys juggles these days are chopped up songs and they're just piecing them back together with soft pattern, and image ripped a fkin crazy pattern after he dropped that. He's using a real tune too fwiw.

ah right i get ya. it just sounds the same as everything is more what i was getting at, has he manipulated the original track much do you know? that pattern was alright, thought his scratch routine at the start was wack. and the ending, christ... if i hear another gunshot i'll request thats its a live one in my brain

i know i'm a complete hater tho.

• Like 1

I've already said this on another thread, Jon's routine was by far my favourite entry, I think he really stepped up his juggling in comparison to his 2011 routine. I'm a big fan of Image's style too, but his track selection just didn't cut it for me on this one.

ah right i get ya. it just sounds the same as everything is more what i was getting at, has he manipulated the original track much do you know? that pattern was alright, thought his scratch routine at the start was wack. and the ending, christ... if i hear another gunshot i'll request thats its a live one in my brain

i know i'm a complete hater tho.

Original:

i thought that second guy was whack.. it doesn't exactly flow together very well in my eyes

Yea his transitions could've been a bit smoother, but if you think he's "whack" it's probably going over your head. The thing is nearly every juggle routine these days is 100% recycle patterns and techniques, and in most cases is not even close to cutting edge skills (at least with scratching while maybe people aren't being that innovate I think the average skill level is about as high as it's ever been in battles, while the average beat juggler in the world finals would get crushed in 1999 by craze, p-trix, shortkut, slyce, develop, lil jazz, shine, static... I could go on).

For a battle idgaf if someone's routine sounds like a magical piece of fuckin orchestral beauty if all of the shit they're doing is the same stuff that's been done for a decade, fuck this gay layered multi-tracked studio produced button pushing no skill having electro faggotry aauhgsalhgsalhgsalgkjasghlashfglahs.

EDIT: sorry I'm raging a bit

Edited by Vekked

Richie Rufftone doing his thing. Pretty good but seems like basically the same stuff as last year, probably just knows he's gonna get through anyways:

and Fong Fong, pretty much the same as Richie, doing similar stuff to last year, the cell phone part is kinda funny, so confused at first thinking it was mine

Man... I could say so much about this guy, he blows my mind, lol.

I battled him last year, and he's been in basically every battle I've ever been in or seen live in Canada, and I've even seen him while watching random videos some battle in Miami... I have no clue what his story is or anything, he's been battling forever and he's like late 30s or maybe older, and he's probably at about the same level as he was 7 years ago when I first saw him, but I guess he just really really loves battling, lol. His DMC routines are pretty funny, I'm not sure why he just did this for the vid tho.

so the battle scene is dying (if not dead) and to battle that (no pun intended) djs are spamming the shit out of mostly shite routines to anyone who will show a vague interest....yeh good one. #fuckdmc

i'll shut up now :)

This is probably the last 'vote for me' competition I'm ever going to enter. It's like a full time job and makes you feel dirty doing it! I really don't agree with how they allocate the prizes. There should be a small prize for top audience vote, and a big prize for top judges' vote, like last year. I'm only doing it because I can't afford equipment at the moment and would love to be able to invest money from prizes in furthering my current projects. Thanks to everyone that's voted or even just checked out my routine.

I just thought the tune was fun to flip, then afterwards thought it would be a good way of promoting the routine.I'm a genuine wrestling fan though.

yo you owe me I just double voted you on facebook and tweeter, that's gotta be against the rules

Thanks brosef. I got your back!