POLL: Regular vs Hamster - Which do you prefer?

Infinite

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive always been weak hand record, strong hand fader, regular. Just feels more natural, when you move the record forward you open the fader when you pull back you close, its all one motion with hamster you gotta think backwards.... i dont got time to think haha

I used to cut on a mates midi hifi. We used to use the balance to cut. He'd pull out one speaker and cut "regular" while I found that pulling out the other speaker and cutting the opposite way was easier for me.

like it.

i used to cut using a rotary volume knob on me mothers hifi, that was roughly the same movement as regular (fingers cutting the sound in) so when i got a setup that seemed the way to go (also, i never knew hamster existed either)

I used to cut on a mates midi hifi. We used to use the balance to cut. He'd pull out one speaker and cut "regular" while I found that pulling out the other speaker and cutting the opposite way was easier for me.

like it.

i used to cut using a rotary volume knob on me mothers hifi, that was roughly the same movement as regular (fingers cutting the sound in) so when i got a setup that seemed the way to go (also, i never knew hamster existed either)

:d Ditto! Regular always made more sense to me. let the record go, open the fader, both hands going forward, cool.

Guest Mike Reezy

I have yet to choose either one. It really sucks. I do chirps and flare type techniques reverse , but I do stabs drags transforms, all that shit regular.

So when im kutting I be hitting the reverse switch like mad styles.

I know I should pick one way or the other, but it just means straight sucking for a while and I havent decided to make the sacrifice yet.

Anybody have any suggestions as to which way I should go with?

I fucking hate kutting in hamster for stabs and that type shit opening the fader with my thumb feels ridiculous but for chirps and flare type techniques it feels right

Also vice versa on the Regular fader, I can chirp and flare fine regular, just not nearly as fast as if I do them hamster.

I am thinking I should just go regular and work on building my speed for chirps and flare type techniques.

where the both option on this poll?

I am ambidextreious in someshit, like im left handed but I throw right handed.

Started regular, switched to hamster after having to cut with the up-faders for a year or two.

been cuttin both ways for some years now.

my goal has become to cut regular and hamster with both hands, doesn't seem like it could do anything but help learning new technics

i wouldn't have thought mixers of the late 80s had any function to switch to hamster without switching the TT's to opposite channels, so they'd probably have to cut regular back then. That's an assumption though.