[RE: Vekked] Changing the Pitch of Tazers

Yoshi

Hey Yoshi, you don't think you could do a tutorial on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3eG0llPfio

or 0:34 here

http://youtu.be/uz7gJQd3KfA

not the normal Tazer pattern (OG flare + reverse laser), but the one that has more than just 2 clicks before each reverse laser. I'm confused as to what the clicking pattern is or where the clicks go. If you can do them, a tutorial would be appreciated, haha.

Thanks!

Here's the video! It's actually the normal tazer, but the change in pitch tricks you into thinking it's something different. Quite cheeky, I'd say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ddO8Z79ryY

Oh, if anyone else has any request for a scratch tutorial then just ask ;)

yoshi you're a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks! When I hear them do it, it sounds to me like reverse laser/4 sounds/reverse laser, so I thought the clicks were placed differently, but I guess you're saying that it's just the speed/pitch that give this illusion yea?

I guess I need to get more control over them, I'm used to doing a reverse original flare into a forward laser, so when I've been trying to learn this combo it feels a bit weird still.

The fast version is just a 2 click orbit on the fader with a pause between orbits. Like I said in the other thread it's reverse lazer, slice than OG flare. It's just the reverse lazer actually becomes the pullback portion of the og flare once you repeat the pattern. Yoshi's right in the sense that it's a smaller lower pitched forward/reverse lazer to bigger, higher pitched forward, reverse lazer. The slice versus another og flare is debatable. You can do both though and they both sound good. The other thing to keep in mind is you don't really need to fling the record hard on any of it other than the high pitched lazer part. You get more record control that way.

• 3 weeks later...

nice vid , i thought this was somthing different and been doing walking og's (building up for the lazer part still) which is kinda the same but starting in a different point and you get the same pitching

I think I've nearly got em down, just need to get them consistent now

The consistency was the first challenge for me. The next was integration. There's so many different ways to integrate it into your flow. I'm still working out all the possibilities.